The Student Room Group

Dentistry in Scotland; Any advice, do you think that i will get in?

Hello, ever since I was a young girl dentistry has been the only career I have aspired to join. I live just outside glasgow so the university of Glasgow is my first choice and dundee would be my second. However, the rest are just too far away for me. Do you think I should look elsewhere at other career aspects as I don't think I will get straight As in my highers this year or do you think Glasgow would be accepting? How strict is Glasgow university and what would be the minimum entry requirements for a ucat score?

edit= If anyone who has got into the University of Glasgow would be able to share their results that would be helpful so that I can see if I have a chance
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by atmax003
Hello, ever since I was a young girl dentistry has been the only career I have aspired to join. I live just outside glasgow so the university of Glasgow is my first choice and dundee would be my second. However, the rest are just too far away for me. Do you think I should look elsewhere at other career aspects as I don't think I will get straight As in my highers this year or do you think Glasgow would be accepting? How strict is Glasgow university and what would be the minimum entry requirements for a ucat score and grades at highers?

Glasgow's website should tell you what grades and UCAT score they expect.
Original post by atmax003
Hello, ever since I was a young girl dentistry has been the only career I have aspired to join. I live just outside glasgow so the university of Glasgow is my first choice and dundee would be my second. However, the rest are just too far away for me. Do you think I should look elsewhere at other career aspects as I don't think I will get straight As in my highers this year or do you think Glasgow would be accepting? How strict is Glasgow university and what would be the minimum entry requirements for a ucat score and grades at highers?

Glasgow requires 3 As at A-Level for dentistry, two of which must be Biology and Chemistry. They also require at least 6 GCSE subjects at A/7. From what I know about general university applications, you will not be considered unless it’s in clearing, as these are the requirements to move further into the process.

Quick Reply

Latest