The Student Room Group

Exam/Future Advice

Hello. I am currently sitting at low marks in majority of my subjects (I’m doing five). I am hopping to get all A’s or even majority A’s. I am also hopping to get into dentistry or pharmacy maybe even nursing. I have spoken to my teachers regarding my low grades and they have assured me that they believe I will be okay as long as I just keep revising. However, I just don’t believe them. I’m not sitting at a grade mark comfy for myself. Most people in my classes grades are mostly As or Bs.

If anyone has any advice on how go get into the courses I want for university. Please, please say. I should mention I live in Scotland and I come under the widening programme. As there less than three months till exams, I am feeling very scared. Please help. Please.
Hi @Idkwhattopick

It is nice to hear that you have a good idea of what you want to go into career-wise. It is very helpful to have a field that you want to go into as you can work towards it, and it keeps you motivated.

However, the field of medicine usually requires higher grades, which means a lot of effective revision, too. You really have to find a method of revision that works well for you.

As for your future, if you're certain you want to go into those fields, then it is important to find a handful of universities that you love. Those universities should have a range of entry requirements. If you're happy with all of them, then it makes it a lot easier when (not saying that you will) you don't get the highest grades. Once you are at university and you have gotten onto your dream course, that is when it begins to matter the most.

I wish you all the best with revision and exams!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
Reply 2
Original post by Idkwhattopick
Hello. I am currently sitting at low marks in majority of my subjects (I’m doing five). I am hopping to get all A’s or even majority A’s. I am also hopping to get into dentistry or pharmacy maybe even nursing. I have spoken to my teachers regarding my low grades and they have assured me that they believe I will be okay as long as I just keep revising. However, I just don’t believe them. I’m not sitting at a grade mark comfy for myself. Most people in my classes grades are mostly As or Bs.

If anyone has any advice on how go get into the courses I want for university. Please, please say. I should mention I live in Scotland and I come under the widening programme. As there less than three months till exams, I am feeling very scared. Please help. Please.

Hey, i think you can do it.
I would suggest first making a topic list for all your subjects, and write down your goals for each subject (for example you first might want to go through all the content first and make flashcards, then you might want to do loads of exam questions and past papers)
Also make a schedule, set a specific day for a specific subject and aim to get a lot done for that subject in that day.
This is personally what i do and i’m predicted all A*s (i do bio chem maths), so it should work for you too hopefully.
And lastly, just have hope in yourself, if you feel down and not confident, it could actually lead to your downfall, it’s really important in times like these to believe in yourself and your abilities, a positive attitude leads to positive results :smile:
I hope all goes well for you!
Original post by nurustar
Hey, i think you can do it.
I would suggest first making a topic list for all your subjects, and write down your goals for each subject (for example you first might want to go through all the content first and make flashcards, then you might want to do loads of exam questions and past papers)
Also make a schedule, set a specific day for a specific subject and aim to get a lot done for that subject in that day.
This is personally what i do and i’m predicted all A*s (i do bio chem maths), so it should work for you too hopefully.
And lastly, just have hope in yourself, if you feel down and not confident, it could actually lead to your downfall, it’s really important in times like these to believe in yourself and your abilities, a positive attitude leads to positive results :smile:
I hope all goes well for you!

That was so nice to hear!🥹🥹 very motivating thank you 🫶🏼I will definitely try these out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending