anamsaid
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi I feel like I might not get into biology Alevel due to what’s happening with the education system rn, and if I end up not getting into biology Alevel, English language would be suitable for me. Has anyone chosen English Lang as an Alevel and can you please tell me a little about it? Please and thank you!
The Learn Ranger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Moving to the English exams forum where you may get a response.
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by anamsaid)
Hi I feel like I might not get into biology Alevel due to what’s happening with the education system rn, and if I end up not getting into biology Alevel, English language would be suitable for me. Has anyone chosen English Lang as an Alevel and can you please tell me a little about it? Please and thank you!
barror1 do you have any information for the OP?
10YearVaxFree
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
english language is easy
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey! I finished my English Language A-level in 2018 with an A grade. Is there anything specific you would like to know or do you want some more general information?
(Original post by Lemur14)
barror1 do you have any information for the OP?
On it!
anamsaid
Rep:
?
(Original post by barror1)
On it!
Just some general information please if you don’t mind, and can I ask what grade you got at GCSEs,
thank you!
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Just some general information please if you don’t mind, and can I ask what grade you got at GCSEs,
thank you!
I got a B at GCSE, an A at A-level and I currently do a degree in Literature and Linguistics at York
Between English Language and Literature A-level, language definitely has the bigger jump. It is much more focused on representations of language, grammar and sociolinguistic theory compared to the GCSE. This may make it sound really boring but honestly, that course is the reason that I study linguistics today. I would recommend looking at what your individual exam board offers but you usually get to cover some pretty cool topics such as child language acquisition and global Englishes (how they were founded, developed, etc.).
If you have any other questions let me know! I am more than happy to answer
anamsaid
Rep:
?
(Original post by barror1)
I got a B at GCSE, an A at A-level and I currently do a degree in Literature and Linguistics at York
Between English Language and Literature A-level, language definitely has the bigger jump. It is much more focused on representations of language, grammar and sociolinguistic theory compared to the GCSE. This may make it sound really boring but honestly, that course is the reason that I study linguistics today. I would recommend looking at what your individual exam board offers but you usually get to cover some pretty cool topics such as child language acquisition and global Englishes (how they were founded, developed, etc.).
If you have any other questions let me know! I am more than happy to answer
Omg thank you so much honestly!!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (711)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (895)
42.74%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (395)
18.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.44%

Watched Threads