The Student Room Group

Nursing Clearing

I’ve spoken to University of Wolverhampton and they have offered me an informal offer for adult nursing. Does anyone have any tips for the interview as I have no back up option if it doesn’t go well. My personal statement is also on midwifery and not on adult nursing so will that hinder me a lot. Is it worth me changing my personal statement last minute to fit adult nursing instead.
Thank you in advance.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by munknown
I’ve spoken to University of Wolverhampton and they have offered me an informal offer for adult nursing. Does anyone have any tips for the interview as I have no back up option if it doesn’t go well. My personal statement is also on midwifery and not on adult nursing so will that hinder me a lot. Is it worth me changing my personal statement last minute to fit adult nursing instead.
Thank you in advance.

You need to ask Wolverhampton if they will look at a fresh personal statement. Otherwise you could be wasting your time there. Many unis will accept a new one but they don't have to (and this one won't be put through UCAS, just sent straight to Wolverhampton).

There's a big interview advice thread here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5084328
The stuff about group interviews probably isn't applicable but there might be some useful hints here for what the universities are looking for from you. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
You need to ask Wolverhampton if they will look at a fresh personal statement. Otherwise you could be wasting your time there. Many unis will accept a new one but they don't have to (and this one won't be put through UCAS, just sent straight to Wolverhampton).

There's a big interview advice thread here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5084328
The stuff about group interviews probably isn't applicable but there might be some useful hints here for what the universities are looking for from you. :smile:

thank you! spoke to wolverhampton and my personal statement will not be a problem! just have to prepare for my virtual interview!
I've also been given an informal offer through email, however I'm a mature student and have not applied through UCAS :frown: it was a last minute decision though, have you been given a date for your interview?
Reply 4
just been offered an interview today, so it may take a couple of days for them to get back to you. good luck, hope you get onto the course!
just been offered an interview today, so it may take a couple of days for them to get back to you. good luck, hope you get onto the course!

How did your interview go?! I’ve just had my interview for Child Nursing today that I applied to through clearing.
Reply 6
Original post by kiqbal000
How did your interview go?! I’ve just had my interview for Child Nursing today that I applied to through clearing.

i thought my interview went horribly but the next day i received an email saying i was successful so i’m now fully enrolled. how was your interview? mine was all scenario based and i honestly hated it but thankfully i got in
i thought my interview went horribly but the next day i received an email saying i was successful so i’m now fully enrolled. how was your interview? mine was all scenario based and i honestly hated it but thankfully i got in

Well done!!! I’m honestly not too sure, I think it went okay, I really hope my answers were enough. Mine were also scenario based, and it literally lasted like 10-15 minutes, the lady was lovely and made it super relaxing. So I’m praying it’s enough 🙏🏼
Reply 8
Well done!!! I’m honestly not too sure, I think it went okay, I really hope my answers were enough. Mine were also scenario based, and it literally lasted like 10-15 minutes, the lady was lovely and made it super relaxing. So I’m praying it’s enough 🙏🏼

thank you! honestly i was in tears after my interview because she kept questioning my answers and kept making me explain myself but turns out i was saying the right thing. i only had 3 questions so my interview was also 15 mins long. i’m hoping you get in!
thank you! honestly i was in tears after my interview because she kept questioning my answers and kept making me explain myself but turns out i was saying the right thing. i only had 3 questions so my interview was also 15 mins long. i’m hoping you get in!

Aw bless you, tbf it’s always usually common to think it’s not going well when ur in the moment.
And thank youuuu x
Reply 10
did you manage to get onto the course? x
did you manage to get onto the course? x

Yes, I start in April :smile: I found out literally the day after my interview
Have you started your course?
Yes, I start in April :smile: I found out literally the day after my interview

hi
what questions did they ask in the interview?
Original post by chocolatee
hi
what questions did they ask in the interview?

It was 3 scenario questions. So basically just common sense. For example something like ‘what would you do if you were put in a situation where your neighbour needed urgent help but lived alone’ etc. The questions are based around the 6 c’s so try to incorporate them into your answers. Also you might get asked why you’d like to do the course, and why you’ve chosen that course over something like medicine. And ofc the usual ‘tell me about yourself’. Good luck!
I've also got an interview for the April intake, can anyone tell me about the occupational health questionnaire? I don't want an injured shoulder stopping me from getting in :frown: please help guys; I would like to know what kind of questions you get and the process of it
Original post by Nobody101
I've also got an interview for the April intake, can anyone tell me about the occupational health questionnaire? I don't want an injured shoulder stopping me from getting in :frown: please help guys; I would like to know what kind of questions you get and the process of it

I’ve done my interview and DBI. I also start in April. They haven’t actually contacted me about occupational health. I’m not sure why
I’ve done my interview and DBI. I also start in April. They haven’t actually contacted me about occupational health. I’m not sure why

How was your interview and congratulations! I've applied for the april intake too! Which campus did you get in for?
Original post by Nobody101
How was your interview and congratulations! I've applied for the april intake too! Which campus did you get in for?

My interview was quite good! When is yours? And I’ve got the Walsall campus, how about you?
My interview was quite good! When is yours? And I’ve got the Walsall campus, how about you?

Mine is on the 1st December, I had the opportunity to choose my interview date, I chose 1st decemeber bc I just want to do this interview and get it over and sone with 😭 I've chosen walsall campus, I'm currently practicing for my interview and took the week off work to do this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending