The Student Room Group

nurse degree Occuapational health screening

I have rheumatiod arthritis,aps syndorme,possibly lupus or vascullitis anca depending on possible diagnosis these dont afffect me massive in work health & social care work currently will i bo ok for university screening as have had dvt before also have small slight renel issue but work fine 49 hours pw every week & dont smoke drink or do drugs etc mobility fine i run/walk any advise welcome would adjustments be made i am fully vacccinated for all diseases
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by PETER0007
I have rheumatiod arthritis,aps syndorme,possibly lupus or vascullitis anca depending on possible diagnosis these dont afffect me massive in work health & social care work currently will i bo ok for university screening as have had dvt before also have small slight renel issue but work fine 49 hours pw every week & dont smoke drink or do drugs etc mobility fine i run/walk any advise welcome would adjustments be made i am fully vacccinated for all diseases

My advice would be contact universities you are interested in to get advise.
I would suggest that you speak to your chosen universities for advice first and foremost.
Providing you are well enough everything's under control with your medical condition then there shouldn't be any problems for you to do nursing degree.

You'll be asked to attend a occupational health assessment prior to you starting any nursing degree and then they will be there for you and if needed to put in place anything that you'll be required to assist you.

Nursing is hard work especially when you are on your feet mostly all day on placement 😔

Any adjustments that you might need will be dealt with the occupational health provider for the hospital trust you'll be under so don't let this worry you.

Summer 2023 qualified adult nurse.
Speak with all your universities that you are thinking about applying to about this and see what they have to say okay 🙂🙂.

I think as long as you have everything under control then you'll be able to work as a student nurse and eventually a qualified nurse.
As you have no problems with this with your current role in health and social care then I wouldn't think it will affect you in nursing.

You already know what to expect from doing nursing working long hours 😕.

Any adjustments you need will be discussed with occupational health if you are successful with your interview as they are there to support you throughout your student days and also when you are qualified. Just make sure you ask for help if you need it okay.

I will wish you best of luck with this choice ☺️
NHS registered midwife
Reply 4
fully cleared and vaccination screen cleared fit for work thank you
fully cleared and vaccination screen cleared fit for work thank you

Glad to hear that you are fully cleared and fit for work.
Good luck with everything and hopefully things will go smoothly for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending