The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds Accommodation

Hi there everyone, hope you're doing well. I did my undergraduate degree somewhere else, so I am starting my masters in Leeds without knowing anyone. I have also not got accommodation yet. I start September. Are there any recommendations for where to live as a masters student to maximise the number of people that I can meet? Are the private halls the best places to live, and do they have a sufficient number of masters and third years? Cheers for reading any constructive advice would be appreciated!
Hi there, you might have seen already that Leeds uni have dedicated masters only accommodation (so will just be masters and no third years :smile:). My friends doing masters wanted Blenheim Point due to its proximity to uni (and view of Parkinsons) and I had a mate that worked at St.Marks and it sounded great and was rather quiet (as in no noise complaints etc) but is a great location and full of like-minded ppl. The other option is to rent in non-uni accommodation and I knew ppl that did this but it’s then like a lottery with who you will live with unless you use Facebook (‘Leeds Uni Tickets’ fb group is popular for this) or UniPol forums to find housemates. Whereas with uni accommodation you’d be sure to be with masters students. I wouldn’t recommend the ‘Shared Houses’ uni accommodation as they’re smaller houses with a small number of ppl. You’ll probably make most of your mates in societies anyways so whatever you choose there’s always ppl to meet in Leeds:smile: If you do go for non-uni accommodation make sure to check that it’s a UniPol approved place. Hopefully you’ll get some better advice from someone that’s been through this but I hope that helps a little bit, best of luck at uni x
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest