The Student Room Group

'Pass Mark' for DWP Interviews

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bahonz
not heard however with tens of thousands more facing imminent unemployment I'd say it is highly likely

This is promising
Original post by Pacinobrigante
My mate was LDO, from what i know all LDO’s contracts have been terminated. Training will be done in house..saving money. Contract was 6months, but paid upto dec.

Can you ask to be sure?
Original post by adetayo_tp
Can you ask to be sure?

He is sure, his job has basically been outsourced. Why pay contractors £250 a day when the DWP can get their own mature work coaches to train the newbies in-house for much much less. It’s all about saving money. The LDO job was a farce from the outset, over-paid and unorganised. The Gov were throwing their money away while LDO’s were sitting on their backsides for at least 8 weeks waiting for ‘new’ work coaches to train! The is due to the long stringent recruitment process of Work coches as evidenced here on this forum.
So in a nutshell, LDO’s have been paid for 6 months for approx 2 months work. Great while it lasted! Another fine example of how the Gov throws money down the drain.
(edited 3 years ago)
I am due to start soon and leaving a 12 months contract for less. Now I'm thinking I made wrong choice
He is sure, his job has basically been outsourced. Why pay contractors £250 a day when the DWP can get their own mature work coaches to train the newbies in-house for much much less. It’s all about saving money. The LDO job was a farce from the outset, over-paid and unorganised. The Gov were throwing their money away while LDO’s were sitting on their backsides for at least 8 weeks waiting for ‘new’ work coaches to train! The is due to the long stringent recruitment process of Work coches as evidenced here on this forum.
So in a nutshell, LDO’s have been paid for 6 months for approx 2 months wage. Great while it lasted! Another fine example of how the Gov throws money down the drain.
Reply 104
So in a nutshell, LDO’s have been paid for 6 months for approx 2 months wage. Great while it lasted! Another fine example of how the Gov throws money down the drain.

Although your friend seems to have had a nightmare of an experience, I’m not too sure that this is correct of the newly recruited LDOs . I’ve started as an LDO and there’s no mention of this being the case, but the short contracts are something we’ve been set the expectations of. Prior to us starting there was, however, LDOs that were contracted in From agencies, potentially on more pay, to fulfil the immediate business need whilst LDOs were recruited internally and externally. Hence why there probably isn’t the need to pay someone £250 a day any longer.

@adetayo_tp feel free to private msg me if you shave any questions
Original post by Zee66
Although your friend seems to have had a nightmare of an experience, I’m not too sure that this is correct of the newly recruited LDOs . I’ve started as an LDO and there’s no mention of this being the case, but the short contracts are something we’ve been set the expectations of. Prior to us starting there was, however, LDOs that were contracted in From agencies, potentially on more pay, to fulfil the immediate business need whilst LDOs were recruited internally and externally. Hence why there probably isn’t the need to pay someone £250 a day any longer.

I will now if you don't mind
Original post by Zee66

Ah ha, I think you are right! I forgot to mention he went through Recruiting agency that work along side the Gov... Just to correct an error in my previous post...he worked 2 months for a 6 month wage is what I meant. So I'm sorry to scare anyone!
Ah ha, I think you are right! I forgot to mention he went through Recruiting agency that work along side the Gov... Just to correct an error in my previous post...he worked 2 months for a 6 month wage is what I meant. So I'm sorry to scare anyone!

Oh this is better news, lol
Really got me worried there for a bit.
I am due to start soon and leaving a 12 months contract for less. Now I'm thinking I made wrong choice

Sorry to panic you! I missed that small chestnut..My friend was an agency contractor. So don't worry!!
Oh this is better news, lol
Really got me worried there for a bit.

lol! M xmas
Sorry to panic you! I missed that small chestnut..My friend was an agency contractor. So don't worry!!

Its OK. You were trying to help.
I am recruited by GRS so hopefully they retain me
lol! M xmas

And to you too
Its OK. You were trying to help.
I am recruited by GRS so hopefully they retain me

Cheers, hope you didn't sleep too badly last night!! : ( Show's how easily facts can still be wrong! Good luck with your job!
Reply 113

Yeh think they had a different process. Although your friends not too bad off in terms of pay!
Cheers, hope you didn't sleep too badly last night!! : ( Show's how easily facts can still be wrong! Good luck with your job!

I did sleep bad as I support Manchester United, lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending