The Student Room Group

DWP EO Work Coach (London) - support thread

Hello,

I have applied for South West London and West London DWP Work Coach. Both applications I managed to get to the pre-recorded interview stage. I am waiting for the outcome of these interviews.

Anyone else applied for the role, how long was it after the pre-recorded interview did you receive the outcome?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied for two areas in the Midlands The first interview was 3 weeks ago and I found out the results yesterday. I am still waiting for the results of the second one and that is also coming up to 3 weeks.
I applied for North London & West London.
Done the pre-recorded interview for West London 2 weeks ago & waiting for the results for that but for North London they are still sifting applications so currently waiting on an outcome
Reply 3
Original post by jodie1982
I applied for two areas in the Midlands The first interview was 3 weeks ago and I found out the results yesterday. I am still waiting for the results of the second one and that is also coming up to 3 weeks.

Oh right, that was quite quick! Hopefully you got the job!
Reply 4
Original post by LV16YO
I applied for North London & West London.
Done the pre-recorded interview for West London 2 weeks ago & waiting for the results for that but for North London they are still sifting applications so currently waiting on an outcome

Hi there,

Congratulations on getting through to the pre-recorded interview stage. I've just been sent my invite. Any tips on what kind of questions they might ask and how to phrase them ?
Reply 5
Original post by cyber1995
Oh right, that was quite quick! Hopefully you got the job!

Unfortunately not.
Original post by Lizou1
Hi there,

Congratulations on getting through to the pre-recorded interview stage. I've just been sent my invite. Any tips on what kind of questions they might ask and how to phrase them ?

Thanks! I actually just received an invite for North London now 😂

I honestly cannot remember any of the questions word for word but what I did do is make sure I used the STAR method for the questions!
Original post by jodie1982
Unfortunately not.

Fingers crossed you’ll get the other one!!!
Reply 8
Original post by LV16YO
Thanks! I actually just received an invite for North London now 😂

I honestly cannot remember any of the questions word for word but what I did do is make sure I used the STAR method for the questions!

good luck !
Original post by Lizou1
good luck !

Thanks & good luck to you tooo!!!
Reply 10
Original post by Lizou1
Hi there,

I actually scoured the internet for them and tried to remember them as soon as because I had another interview - hopefully, this would help:

6 questions all based on civil service sucess profiles

I did notice that some questions were worded exactly the same for both interviews, others were completely asking for something different!

DWP Possible pre-interview questions
Communication and influencing
How would you use your communication style on others?
How would you use your communication skills to influence others?
How you deal with a difficult customer and influence them to an agreeable outcome
Tell me a time when you had to explain a complex issue to a customer who didn’t understand
Tell me about a time when you worked as part of a team?
Tell me about a time when your had to communicate complicated information clearly
Described a time when you influenced someone.
Tell me a time where your communication skills influenced others
Managing a quality service
Can you describe a time when you had to go above and beyond expectations to provide a great service?
When have you improved customer service identifying and mitigating risk?
Demonstrate exceptional customer service
Give me an example of a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.
How would you provide excellent customer service
Making effective decisions
When you made a quick decision on a complex issue?
How to approach making a decision and if it was fair and impartial?
Can you give me an example of a time when you had to make a difficult decision which impacted others?
Tell me a time when you had to make a difficult decision
Tell me about a time when you have to analyse evidence to make a decision?
Tell me a time where you had to balance your workload
Give me an example of a time when your have had to balance competing priorities in your workload?
How would your friend describe you?
Reply 11
I actually scoured the internet for them and tried to remember them as soon as because I had another interview - hopefully, this would help:

6 questions all based on civil service sucess profiles

I did notice that some questions were worded exactly the same for both interviews, others were completely asking for something different!

DWP Possible pre-interview questions
Communication and influencing
How would you use your communication style on others?
How would you use your communication skills to influence others?
How you deal with a difficult customer and influence them to an agreeable outcome
Tell me a time when you had to explain a complex issue to a customer who didn’t understand
Tell me about a time when you worked as part of a team?
Tell me about a time when your had to communicate complicated information clearly
Described a time when you influenced someone.
Tell me a time where your communication skills influenced others
Managing a quality service
Can you describe a time when you had to go above and beyond expectations to provide a great service?
When have you improved customer service identifying and mitigating risk?
Demonstrate exceptional customer service
Give me an example of a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.
How would you provide excellent customer service
Making effective decisions
When you made a quick decision on a complex issue?
How to approach making a decision and if it was fair and impartial?
Can you give me an example of a time when you had to make a difficult decision which impacted others?
Tell me a time when you had to make a difficult decision
Tell me about a time when you have to analyse evidence to make a decision?
Tell me a time where you had to balance your workload
Give me an example of a time when your have had to balance competing priorities in your workload?
How would your friend describe you?

That's Fab! Thanks so much - I am preparing to take the interview tomorrow :-)
Reply 12
Update: I saw on another thread - You need to check out for this message... https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7380462&p=98697380#post98697380

"Apparently you will need to keep an eye when the following message "Thank you for completing your pre-recorded video interview. Your application will now be reviewed by our team and you will be contacted soon with the outcome" will be replaced with the following one "Thank you for completing your pre-recorded video interview. You should hear from us soon with regards to the outcome" - Then it will be matter of days depending on how well you have done. Apparently 24 is the minimum to pass so let's say you have 30... you will hear sooner than others with a provisional offer."

I've actually seen this message change to that for my west london application. Still waiting for south!
Reply 13
Original post by Lizou1
That's Fab! Thanks so much - I am preparing to take the interview tomorrow :-)

How did it go?
Reply 14
How did it go?

Hey - how kind of you to ask.

I must say - with all the help on here it really made the prep process so much more manageable. I was prepared but a little nervous. The format was very easy to follow.

I just read your last post on here - I haven't heard anything back yet - I was hoping no news was good news but it has only been 4 days. Keep us posted
Reply 15
Original post by Lizou1

I must say - with all the help on here it really made the prep process so much more manageable. I was prepared but a little nervous. The format was very easy to follow.

I just read your last post on here - I haven't heard anything back yet - I was hoping no news was good news but it has only been 4 days. Keep us posted

I got in contact with them today via live chat, they said there’s no update as of yet for South London and East London (I’m guessing it’d be the same for North and West London area) and they couldn’t give me a time frame, so it could take weeks before we hear anything back tbh.
Reply 16
Original post by BrightM
I got in contact with them today via live chat, they said there’s no update as of yet for South London and East London (I’m guessing it’d be the same for North and West London area) and they couldn’t give me a time frame, so it could take weeks before we hear anything back tbh.

What a process eh ? Good luck🤞🏼
Reply 17
Original post by Lizou1

Aw I'm glad it helped!
Reply 18
Original post by BrightM

That's true. The anticipation is killing me lol. Good luck too!
Reply 19
Update: the South London one has changed to
"Thank you for completing your pre-recorded video interview. You should hear from us soon with regards to the outcome"

Any day now we will hear back, how is everyone else's applications going?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending