The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Official LSE Postgraduate Applicants 2021 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yunnnnnng
Has anyone applied to Financial Mathematics and/or Applicable Mathematics?

Hi , I applied to Financial Mathematics. Do you know how long they typically take ?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymouuuuuus
Hi! Do you have any relevant professional experience ?

Hi,

Yes, I interned in the Financial Control team in a subsidiary bank under HSBC group and Deloitte Tax and Business Advisory Team in Hong Kong. How about you?
Original post by Kalaygalay5
Hey everyone! Submitted my applications for the MPA and MSc in International Social and Public Policy (Research) a few days ago! Fingers crossed :smile:

I would like to apply for MPA too but I don't have any full time work experience except for 4 very good relevant internships. Pl advice. Thank you.

how about you in terms of work experience?
Original post by Anonymous
I would like to apply for MPA too but I don't have any full time work experience except for 4 very good relevant internships. Pl advice. Thank you.

how about you in terms of work experience?

I have two years working experience with the UN and am now working for a non-profit. All my working experience is in different developing countries other than a consultancy I did in London during my previous master's degree. If you stalk other MPA candidates who are featured, a lot of them are featured with just internships so I think you'll be fine if it's relevant and you tied the relevance in your PS.
Anyone here who has applied for Management and Strategy program?
I’ve applied to the MSc Accounting & Finance and was just put on the waiting list as well. My profile: Warwick Business School BSc Management with a 2.1 + 6-month internship at EY, Transaction Services. I have done other internships and jobs but unrelated.

When did you apply?
Original post by Kalaygalay5
I have two years working experience with the UN and am now working for a non-profit. All my working experience is in different developing countries other than a consultancy I did in London during my previous master's degree. If you stalk other MPA candidates who are featured, a lot of them are featured with just internships so I think you'll be fine if it's relevant and you tied the relevance in your PS.

Thank you so much for the wuick response. I gather this is your second masters. How was your experience working for the UN? It's my dream. Eventually and hopefully. Must be hard to get into UN.
Original post by boredinthehouse
When did you apply?

Application submitted on the 12th of October and ID received a few days later on the 15th.
Application submitted on the 12th of October and ID received a few days later on the 15th.

I applied MAF as well and I got my ID on 16th. May I know your persentage grade?
Hello, I'm Felix from Ghana. I am an applicant in progress in the MPA program. I want to know the maximum and minimum number of pages the personal statement should be.
Original post by NanorFelixBoadi
Hello, I'm Felix from Ghana. I am an applicant in progress in the MPA program. I want to know the maximum and minimum number of pages the personal statement should be.

Hi Felix,
They said around no more than 1,000-1,500 words.
Original post by Philosopher2020
Ice breaker information to get the ball rolling:

- Current University:
- Current Course:
- Achieved (Expected) Grade:
- Prospective Course:
- Other Universities you’re applying to:

A university in California, US
International Relations + Middle East/South Asia Studies
International Migration and Public Policy
None for now!

I'm anxiously waiting for my response!! It'll be 8 weeks by December 16th! I really really hope I get in! Has anyone gotten a response yet??
hi! has anyone reinstated their application from the last application cycle and heard back? i reinstated my application, but never actually got a confirmation that it was processed. i see on the portal that i'm under consideration, but just wanted to see if anyone else was in a similar situation, and if the same 8 week response time applied.
Original post by anonymousapp
hi! has anyone reinstated their application from the last application cycle and heard back? i reinstated my application, but never actually got a confirmation that it was processed. i see on the portal that i'm under consideration, but just wanted to see if anyone else was in a similar situation, and if the same 8 week response time applied.

I did. reinstated it on 11th oct. got the email on 13th oct. On 18th Nov they reached out asking for a soft copy of my transcripts even though I had already sent it. Anyway, they've mentioned that they'll send my application for a final review once I share the documents. Currently I'm in the 7th week of application. So I believe the 8 week timeline is in play. I'm expecting a response by next week.
Original post by manas.v
I did. reinstated it on 11th oct. got the email on 13th oct. On 18th Nov they reached out asking for a soft copy of my transcripts even though I had already sent it. Anyway, they've mentioned that they'll send my application for a final review once I share the documents. Currently I'm in the 7th week of application. So I believe the 8 week timeline is in play. I'm expecting a response by next week.

thanks so much for your response! i'm wondering who i should check in with re: my application, as i've received no updates outside of the application portal. who was most helpful to reach out to?
Original post by manas.v

Hey Manas!
Which course have you reinstated for?
Even I reinstated on the 9th of October and my application is still under consideration.
I reinstated for MSc in MISDI.
Also, have you noticed any transcript drop in your application tracker?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Guest_aj
Hey Manas!
Which course have you reinstated for?
Even I reinstated on the 9th of October and my application is still under consideration.
I reinstated for MSc in MISDI.
Also, have you noticed any transcript drop in your application tracker?

I've applied for M.Sc Econometrics and Mathematical Economics & M.Sc Economics.
I havent noticed a drop yet.
Original post by manas.v
I've applied for M.Sc Econometrics and Mathematical Economics & M.Sc Economics.
I havent noticed a drop yet.

Hey!
Thank you for the prompt reply!
I have noticed my transcript move to the bottom of the list and my university name has also disappeared. Hence was wanting to know if anyone else is in a similar position?
Original post by Guest_aj
Hey!
Thank you for the prompt reply!
I have noticed my transcript move to the bottom of the list and my university name has also disappeared. Hence was wanting to know if anyone else is in a similar position?

May I know when did you find the transcript drop?
I submitted all my documents as soon as the application entry opens, and I got my ID on 16th. No reply after that
Original post by Ben yoli
May I know when did you find the transcript drop?
I submitted all my documents as soon as the application entry opens, and I got my ID on 16th. No reply after that

I randomly logged into my application tracker about 2 weeks ago and saw that my transcript had dropped!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending