The Student Room Group

GDL or LLM in international human rights law?

I want to pursue human rights as a career, preferably women’s rights or refugees and asylum seekers. I have a first class degree from Leeds Beckett in criminology. My a levels are not the best (BBC) What’s the best route GDL or LLM in international human rights law?
Reply 1
Original post by Geemee87
I want to pursue human rights as a career, preferably women’s rights or refugees and asylum seekers. I have a first class degree from Leeds Beckett in criminology. My a levels are not the best (BBC) What’s the best route GDL or LLM in international human rights law?

If you wish to qualify as a solicitor or barrister, a GDL would be your best option.

If you are not interested in legal practice, you may find the course content of the LLM suits you better.
Reply 2
Original post by RV3112
If you wish to qualify as a solicitor or barrister, a GDL would be your best option.

If you are not interested in legal practice, you may find the course content of the LLM suits you better.

the issue is I don't have much legal experience due to having health problems, and I'm interested in legal research, so don't know whether that will need a law degree or not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending