The Student Room Group

Civil Service Summer Diversity Internship Programme 2020/21

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Plain1
I don't think I gained much from the online edip. We just had to listen. I'm sure my answer would be different if I'd attended in person. There was nothing interactive about it.

I see-I take it then that you did the edip this year then cos of Covid
Reply 81
Original post by _Brie_
I see-I take it then that you did the edip this year then cos of Covid

Yes. If I get the sdip at least I'll get to do something. Applying for the edip was great application experience.
Reply 82
Original post by MvcLaw
What’s that?

Just a thing I was invited to do.
Reply 83
Original post by Plain1
Yes. If I get the sdip at least I'll get to do something. Applying for the edip was great application experience.

Did you feel like they gave good feedback?
Reply 84
Original post by Plain1
Just a thing I was invited to do.

Is that anything related to just an SDIP application (not a fast stream application)?
Reply 85
Original post by MvcLaw
Is that anything related to just an SDIP application (not a fast stream application)?

It's not related to the sdip.
Reply 86
Original post by _Brie_
Did you feel like they gave good feedback?

I didn't get any feedback.
Original post by MvcLaw

Someone who did the EDIP mentioned being invited to do something like that, so I imagine it might be related to that. I'm due to interview at the beginning of December and haven't had anything about that, so I don't think it's related to the SDIP itself.
Reply 88
Original post by beautifulway
Someone who did the EDIP mentioned being invited to do something like that, so I imagine it might be related to that. I'm due to interview at the beginning of December and haven't had anything about that, so I don't think it's related to the SDIP itself.

It's not related to edip, it's not related to either. I did a similar thing for them after doing the edip.
Reply 89
Original post by Plain1
It's not related to the sdip.

Phew okay, I was worried there for a minute.
Reply 90
Original post by Plain1
I didn't get any feedback.

Oh ok so it was the application process in itself that you felt was helpful-not their input in it, I thought that the had given feedback after you’d gotten in to help you for future applications
Original post by Plain1
It's not related to edip, it's not related to either. I did a similar thing for them after doing the edip.

As in, they invited them to do it because they'd been involved in the EDIP, so they also did it afterwards. Yours might be a different scenario, though. Just didn't want people panicking if they thought it was related to the SDIP and it meant something that they hadn't been invited.
Reply 92
Original post by _Brie_
Oh ok so it was the application process in itself that you felt was helpful-not their input in it, I thought that the had given feedback after you’d gotten in to help you for future applications

Yeah the application process was good. I felt that I got a lot from applying and getting through. I never received any feedback. I'm less nervous for my telephone interview this time, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. I thought I was going to cry last time haha I was so nervous.
Reply 93
Haha yh I get what you mean particularly when you physically can’t see the person you’re talking to so there’s no social cues to go by
Reply 94
Original post by _Brie_
Haha yh I get what you mean particularly when you physically can’t see the person you’re talking to so there’s no social cues to go by

My interviewer was so nice. At first she seemed a bit serious and scary and it turned out she was lovely.
Hey guys, I've applied for the edip and I just go through to the telephone stage. Do you have any tips? I'm stressed just thinking about it lol
Reply 96
When is everyone’s interviews? I keep seeing December but mine is this month
Reply 97
Original post by MvcLaw
When is everyone’s interviews? I keep seeing December but mine is this month

Mine is this month.
Reply 98
Original post by Plain1
Mine is this month.

Mine is next Wednesday
Reply 99
Original post by MvcLaw
Mine is next Wednesday

Ooh exciting. Have you had any mock interviews? I hate mocks. I can't do it if it's not for real.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending