The Student Room Group

Just a rant on literature texts.

So I am starting revision for lord of the flies and Romeo and Juliet and I am literally drained. I have no idea what to do. What to write in the exam. Like idk how many paragraphs to right and their structure🤦🏻*♂️.
I am good with poetry. But when it comes to texts I just don’t. So I’ve decided to make mindmaps now and was stuck again. Like I want to make a mindmap on every chapter, character and themes. But I’m struggling. And most of the mindmaps I have seen don’t even write about chapters. Should I just skip that and make a mindmap of characters and themes,?
(edited 3 years ago)
Bump.
Bump bump
Original post by Mustafa2021
So I am starting revision for lord of the flies and Romeo and Juliet and I am literally drained. I have no idea what to do. What to write in the exam. Like idk how many paragraphs to right and their structure🤦🏻*♂️.
I am good with poetry. But when it comes to texts I just don’t. So I’ve decided to make mindmaps now and was stuck again. Like I want to make a mindmap on every chapter, character and themes. But I’m struggling. And most of the mindmaps I have seen don’t even write about chapters. Should I just skip that and make a mindmap of characters and themes,?

in the exam i'd say 3 paragraphs is fine. For me, i structure mine like this:
point
evidence
meaning of quote
language analysis
writers intention
and then you connect it back to the point

the exams will not ask for anything chapter based so you don't need to make a mindmap, however a useful revision resource is to make a timeline of important things that happen in the play/novel.
Original post by sushi_tree12
in the exam i'd say 3 paragraphs is fine. For me, i structure mine like this:
point
evidence
meaning of quote
language analysis
writers intention
and then you connect it back to the point

the exams will not ask for anything chapter based so you don't need to make a mindmap, however a useful revision resource is to make a timeline of important things that happen in the play/novel.

Thank you this was very helpful but I have one more question. In an exam will the question always be about the presentation of a character? If so can I write my paragraphs like:

Presented at start...

Presented later on...

Presented at the end...

Conclusion...
Original post by Mustafa2021
Thank you this was very helpful but I have one more question. In an exam will the question always be about the presentation of a character? If so can I write my paragraphs like:

Presented at start...

Presented later on...

Presented at the end...

Conclusion...

The possible questions will be the following:

How did [author] present [character]?

how did [author] use [character] to show _______?

How did [author] present [theme]?
please don't bump your thread unless you've received no responses in 24 hours :smile:
a mindmap on every chapter seems a bit much, for characters and themes i think would be quite useful though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending