The Student Room Group

English Literature EPQ Title

I really enjoy studying english literature so I want to do something related for my EPQ.

My initial ideas are:
- The horror genre in literature: How it as changed over time, Frankenstein, influence of folk tales/retellings, gothic literature, perception of reality
- Something to do with translated books
- Classic books
- The format of short stories and why they are effective

My first idea was going to be just an analysis of a whole book, but I don't think that would work as there's not a specific outcome I would be working towards.

Also does primary research include my own analysis of a text?

Thank you!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by 3250daisy
I really enjoy studying english literature so I want to do something related for my EPQ.

My initial ideas are:
- The horror genre in literature: How it as changed over time, Frankenstein, influence of folk tales/retellings, gothic literature, perception of reality
- Something to do with translated books
- Classic books
- The format of short stories and why they are effective

My first idea was going to be just an analysis of a whole book, but I don't think that would work as there's not a specific outcome I would be working towards.

Also does primary research include my own analysis of a text?

Thank you!

I'm not studying English Literature (rather, English Language) but I am doing a literature-based EPQ so I might be able to help :smile:

All of your initial ideas sound amazing! I found that reading some secondary sources on a few of my initial ideas helped me realise what sounded most interesting to me + they can spark a new idea that you might like more, so maybe that'll help?

An analysis of a book would probably work provided that you have a specific focus (ie. gender representation in x) but, from my own experience, it's easier to keep a general topic in literature and weave analysis in. That said, you could always ask your EPQ supervisor or Lit teacher for advice...

Primary research would include your analysis of a text. From what I can tell, primary research is anything that you've produced yourself so analysis would definitely count

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending