The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Official University of Glasgow 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Received a rejection for common law last night, 5 A’s at Higher, 3 predicted at AH, dux of the school, vice captain and had work experience. Disappointed and bit surprised but nothing I can do😅😅

What kinda person are they wanting oh my!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

I heard they're putting more weight on the personal statements this year and whether or not you show an understanding of and genuine interest in law
Original post by Laurah3040
i applied for dentistry

I'm afraid I don't know enough about that but dentistry is extremely competitive so I'm not sure there would be any more spaces. However I would still suggest that you phone admissions and ask if you can appeal or for more detailed feedback.
Good luck!
Did anyone hear tonight? (:

Original post by Rnk
Congratulations. Do you mind me asking
What y tt kh tottwere your subjects at higher/advanced higher and what were your predicted gradesI’m doing A level maths, physics and economics with predicted A*AA and got rejected from GlasgowWould that be because of a weak personal statement?Not sure whether to take a gap year and reapply or go the uni I don’t want to where I got an

I am also doing A levels: Economics, Maths, French and Spanish and predicted 4A*s. ( Though starting to doubt it in Maths as they are using the unseen material and it was far harder than anything else i have come across.)
What we thinking next years applications will be like? Worst than this year or little easier?
I heard they're putting more weight on the personal statements this year and whether or not you show an understanding of and genuine interest in law

How do you this person’s personal statement didn’t have that though

Meant know

Well my personal statement was good enough for Oxford so it can’t have been too bad...maybe it wasn’t good enough for Glasgow though...😅
Hi guys looking for some advice...

I’m look to re apply to glasgow and strathclyde after getting rejected by them both but it’s ok

Is Glasgow harder to get into than Strathclyde or vice versa?

I didn't say they didn't, they're turning down a lot of amazing applications this year. I wasn't even referring to this person, I was just saying what I heard on this/other threads earlier x
Hi guys looking for some advice...

I’m look to re apply to glasgow and strathclyde after getting rejected by them both but it’s ok

Is Glasgow harder to get into than Strathclyde or vice versa?

Glasgow is definitely harder to get into, comparing to Glasgow, Strathclyde is relatively easy to get in
Glasgow is definitely harder to get into, comparing to Glasgow, Strathclyde is relatively easy to get in

Really? On a few articles on the web glasgow has a 70% acceptance rate and strathclyde only 40% !!
Really? On a few articles on the web glasgow has a 70% acceptance rate and strathclyde only 40% !!

I don't know how accurate are those, I guess it depends on the subject (for some reason I thought you were asking about law). I'd imagine Strathclyde might be more competitive for engineering etc. A few people from my class got into Strathclyde but only one person from all classes got into Glasgow (this is for law).
I don't know how accurate are those, I guess it depends on the subject (for some reason I thought you were asking about law). I'd imagine Strathclyde might be more competitive for engineering etc. A few people from my class got into Strathclyde but only one person from all classes got into Glasgow (this is for law).

Thanks!
I didn't say they didn't, they're turning down a lot of amazing applications this year. I wasn't even referring to this person, I was just saying what I heard on this/other threads earlier x

ah ok x
Just got a rejection from Glasgow the reason was spaces were limited
i still haven't heard from Glasgow... I've applied for medicinal chemistry but I had to send in SO MANY documents to prove i qualify for scottish fees. anyone know if its ok that I sent my documents in late? I didn't realise they wanted extra ones because they don't email and I was past the deadline when I send them in :/ i emailed the admissions help team and they were very unhelpful and just sent me the form I already filled out all of in january
Original post by 151003
i still haven't heard from Glasgow... I've applied for medicinal chemistry but I had to send in SO MANY documents to prove i qualify for scottish fees. anyone know if its ok that I sent my documents in late? I didn't realise they wanted extra ones because they don't email and I was past the deadline when I send them in :/ i emailed the admissions help team and they were very unhelpful and just sent me the form I already filled out all of in january

hi, it might be best to try and phone them
Anyone still waiting on politics and economics?
Does anyone know if there are any offer holder groups for Glasgow uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending