The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Official University of Glasgow 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Glasgow for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

hi!!!

i'm going to be applying for aeronautical engineering and i'm currently doing physics, chemistry, math, english and modern studies at higher. i'm actually an international student studying in a scottish high school right now and i'm very excited to start uni!! i'll only be 16 (turning 17 in like a month tho) just because of how late my birthday is in the year and also because i'm going to uni a year early anywayssss...anyone else applying for aero engineering??
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
I’m thinking of applying for Scots Law. I got AABB at Higher in S5 plus a B at National 5. I’m in the Glasgow University’s Reach Programme as well!
Hi, I’m applying for History, this year I’m doing Advanced Higher History, Advanced Higher French and Higher Classics
Hiya
I'm considering applying for Maths/Classics at Glasgow (A-levels Maths Further Maths Classics), however I cant find much information or opinions about it online... which is to be expected I guess, they don't usually come together. Glasgow seems to be the only place that does it!
I posted something about this here.
If you know anything about this course or know anyone that does, please reply to it!
Reply 5
Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Glasgow for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Hi! I'm currently doing my A-Levels in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Computer Science. I'm planning on applying for MSci Chemistry at Glasgow. Any fellow Chemistry applicants here?
Hi! I'm considering applying for English, having already got my A levels (A*A*A*A) 🙂 Does anyone know anything about advanced entry to second year?
Reply 7
(edited 3 years ago)
Hii did anyone see on Glasgow unis website that the LNAT is under review? Has anyone not booked it and it’s going to sit it because it might not be needed?
Original post by Unihelp43
Hii did anyone see on Glasgow unis website that the LNAT is under review? Has anyone not booked it and it’s going to sit it because it might not be needed?

Hi, I booked mine at the start of September and it's in the middle of November so I'm not sure. I think for now they're saying we have to just wear face masks in the centre's and can wear gloves as well. I think there will probably be a lockdown soon due to the second wave so we may not even do the LNAT and idk if they're going to put something in place to substitute that or if they're going to let us apply without it. But for now, I'm going to carry on studying for it as if it was still to go ahead.
Original post by cocoxoxo
Hi, I booked mine at the start of September and it's in the middle of November so I'm not sure. I think for now they're saying we have to just wear face masks in the centre's and can wear gloves as well. I think there will probably be a lockdown soon due to the second wave so we may not even do the LNAT and idk if they're going to put something in place to substitute that or if they're going to let us apply without it. But for now, I'm going to carry on studying for it as if it was still to go ahead.

Hii, good luck for your LNAT if you get to sit it! Yeah I heard that too, I wonder if they’ll cancel everyone from doing it, I’ll start studying but no one I know has booked theirs and my schools told us to forget about the LNAT as it’ll be cancelled and not a requirement although I’m going to work as though it’s still going ahead! Might email Glasgow uni again and find out
hello guys!
I'm looking to apply for english literature (on a gap yr so already got my a levels - a*a*a* in english literature, history, english language) 😀
Hii, good luck for your LNAT if you get to sit it! Yeah I heard that too, I wonder if they’ll cancel everyone from doing it, I’ll start studying but no one I know has booked theirs and my schools told us to forget about the LNAT as it’ll be cancelled and not a requirement although I’m going to work as though it’s still going ahead! Might email Glasgow uni again and find out

I know I'm a bit confused because I don't want to study for the LNAT if I won't end up sitting it, instead of focusing on studying for my subjects in school. But then again I don't want to not study in case it does in fact go ahead. I might email the admissions office as well and check but I haven't heard any news about it being cancelled yet, and my school has advised me to keep studying for it.
Hi, is anyone considering applying for maths who are also doing A-levels? :smile:
Original post by izzxm
Hi, is anyone considering applying for maths who are also doing A-levels? :smile:

i mean - maths with classics? Does that count?
I do maths further maths and classics (not very subtle)
Reply 15
HI!!
I am applying for computing science. This is my dream uni and will be thrilled to get accepted!
Hi guys! I'm hoping to apply for Scots Law at UofG, entry 2021. I got AAAAB in S5 results and have completed Reach too. LNAT booked for mid October... how's everybody feeling about it? I'm not too confident. I seen on the UofG website that the LNAT was "under review"?

Hi! I seen that too. They said on the UCAS exhibition today that we should hear more news about it in the following week. :smile:
Original post by zolatrin
Hi guys! I'm hoping to apply for Scots Law at UofG, entry 2021. I got AAAAB in S5 results and have completed Reach too. LNAT booked for mid October... how's everybody feeling about it? I'm not too confident. I seen on the UofG website that the LNAT was "under review"?

Hi! Great results!! What are you doing this year? More highers or advance highers?
Original post by zolatrin
Hi! I seen that too. They said on the UCAS exhibition today that we should hear more news about it in the following week. :smile:

Great! Thanks!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending