The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Official Manchester Metropolitan University Applicant Chat & FAQ Thread 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by willholt20
I received my offer letter with my MMU id. I tried registering my interest for accommodation but its saying I'm not eligible for accommodation even though I stated on my UCAS application I wanted to live away from home?

Hi @willholt20 :hello:

Registration and bookings for accommodation for new students typically open in March. You will receive notification via email regarding this when applications open. Please refer to our accommodation page to see last year's accommodation timeline to give you a bit more idea of what to expect when. Hope this helps.

Best wishes
Jess :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by Jack Robert 65
Why are EU students on hold at Manchester Metropolitan University and our admission applications are not processed and why are those with British Citizenship being offered conditional or unconditional offers?

Hi @Jack Robert 65 :hello:

Applications can typically take up to 4 weeks to be processed, we are currently not holding any EU applications. I would recommend you to keep an eye out on your emails and UCAS Track for any correspondence. Our Admissions Team are working as quickly as possible to respond to all of our applicants. We thank you for your patience, I hope this helps.

Best wishes
Jess :smile:
Anyone else hoping to study business and or HR management? ☺️ MMU is my first choice and just waiting for a response now 🤞🏻
Original post by Megjones8119
Anyone else hoping to study business and or HR management? ☺️ MMU is my first choice and just waiting for a response now 🤞🏻

I’ve applied for business and marketing 😊 where else are you applying ?
Lol MMU, anyone can get in here with their eyes closed
Original post by Tashax2

Have you received an offer yet?? &&& Liverpool and Cardiff but I’m pretty confident that if I get the offer from MMU I’ll withdraw the other ones .. you?? X
Have you received an offer yet?? &&& Liverpool and Cardiff but I’m pretty confident that if I get the offer from MMU I’ll withdraw the other ones .. you?? X

No not yet my ucas hasn’t been sent off yet from my school😩 hopefully tomorrow as it will be 2 days under a month since I’ve sent it to them ! Have you received any offers ?
Original post by Tashax2
No not yet my ucas hasn’t been sent off yet from my school😩 hopefully tomorrow as it will be 2 days under a month since I’ve sent it to them ! Have you received any offers ?

Ohhh I see! I haven’t yet received anything, I sent it last Thursday so I’m really hoping I’ll have something by the end of the week. Man met was 2 of my options as well.. is it your firm choice ? X
Original post by Jack Robert 65
Why are EU students on hold at Manchester Metropolitan University and our admission applications are not processed and why are those with British Citizenship being offered conditional or unconditional offers?

Hi @Jack Robert 65 :hello:,

EU applications are not on hold, it can take between 4-6 weeks to be reviewed, this could take longer if we have missing information or if the application needs to be referred to the course tutor. We are currently working through a large amount of applications and ask that you please bear with us.

The UCAS deadline for applications submitted before the 15th January must have had a response by the 1st May. We aim to process applications as quickly and possible.

We do not offer Unconditional offers unless the applicant is pre-qualified.

Best wishes,
Antonia
Ohhh I see! I haven’t yet received anything, I sent it last Thursday so I’m really hoping I’ll have something by the end of the week. Man met was 2 of my options as well.. is it your firm choice ? X

Hi @Megjones8119 and @Tashax2 :hello:,

Applications could take between 4-6 weeks to be reviewed, this could take longer if we have missing information or if the application needs to be referred to the course tutor. We are currently working through a large amount of applications and ask that you please bear with us.

The UCAS deadline for applications submitted before the 15th January must have had a response by the 1st May. We aim to process applications as quickly and possible.

Best wishes,
Antonia
Original post by Anonymous
Lol MMU, anyone can get in here with their eyes closed

Hi,

We try to be understanding of peoples circumstances, but we do have entry requirements for all our courses that need to be met.

Best wishes,
Antonia

Hopefully you’ll get an offer! My ucas was sent off last night ! Did you recieve an acknowledgement email ? If so how long did it take ? And no if I get all offer my firm will be Leeds hopefully
Original post by Tashax2

same! 😁
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi @Jack Robert 65 :hello:,

EU applications are not on hold, it can take between 4-6 weeks to be reviewed, this could take longer if we have missing information or if the application needs to be referred to the course tutor. We are currently working through a large amount of applications and ask that you please bear with us.

We do not offer Unconditional offers unless the applicant is pre-qualified.

Best wishes,
Antonia

Jack it’s right I’m an EU student and I call admission teams today, and they have told me I’m on hold because I’m a EU students. Why we are on hold I don’t get it?! Is that how EU students are being treated in MMU?
Original post by willholt20
I received my offer letter with my MMU id. I tried registering my interest for accommodation but its saying I'm not eligible for accommodation even though I stated on my UCAS application I wanted to live away from home?

Hi @willholt20,

Please contact our accommodation team by email [email protected] or by calling 01612472958 if you are still experience difficulty registering for accommodation. More information on how to register for accommodation can be found here.

Best wishes,
Antonia
Original post by Luis Fernandez
Jack it’s right I’m an EU student and I call admission teams today, and they have told me I’m on hold because I’m a EU students. Why we are on hold I don’t get it?! Is that how EU students are being treated in MMU?

EU students applications are not on hold. It is taking longer to process EU applications due to the governments announcement that EU students are to be classed as International students unless they have pre-settle status. Determining this can be a difficult process and we are clarifying how we determine this with the government and across the university. All applicants who have applied before the 15th January will have a decision made by the UCAS deadline 20th May 2021. All key dates can be found here.
Original post by userj12346
same! 😁

I got an offer last week! Have you got one ?

Hi, i’m hoping to study business and human resources management! ☺️
Reply 38
I have a offer to study international business management next year September. I will also be getting uni accommodation. Is anyone here thinking about studying the same course next year and looking to get accommodation?
Original post by hk00
I have a offer to study international business management next year September. I will also be getting uni accommodation. Is anyone here thinking about studying the same course next year and looking to get accommodation?

heyy i applied for international business at mmu 2 days ago im just waiting on an offer! If i get accepted ill be at accoms too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending