The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A.R2002
How did everyone answer the question with cosxCotx=cosxcot(3x+50°). I found it extremely and now I think I'll probably not get the A I need for university😔

Cot x = cot 3x + 50
And then you get like 25?
Thats what I got. I arctanned both tanx and tan(3x 50)
Original post by Unlucki
Ahhh i have mixed feelings about that paper. It wasn't super nasty, wasn't super easy either. Up to like Q6 or 7 I found it really easy but then it got harder. That circles question threw me off a bit and the 2nd part of the trig identity question I had no idea what to do. There were some other things I wasn't sure about but yeah those 2 stood out the most

I split the the circle into two triangles and used the cosine rule to get the angles.
Do you guys want to be added to an Edexcel maths gc on insta? I can make one if you want
Original post by Uzair63
Cot x = cot 3x + 50
And then you get like 25?

Ya I got 25 but it’s a 5 mark question so idk I put that but it looks wrong.
is there a poll for this exam on how people found it?
Original post by Bxrana
Do you guys want to be added to an Edexcel maths gc on insta? I can make one if you want

Yes please
Original post by Bxrana

Yes pls. My insta id is @devraj__aich.roy (that’s 2 underscores)
Original post by Bxrana

Original post by OreosWithoutMilk
Yes please

Pm me your insta usernames or on here if you don't mind.
Original post by Uzair63
That paper wasn’t too great, I ran out of time.
I struggled with the integration by parts question and had a strange answer for the balloon question.
I got like a value of 28 and then 4 for R but 28 seems too large lmao.
I think I need to practice integration for sure.
I couldn’t figure out how to integrate
6du/ u(3+u)

for this u had to use du/dx = 1/2u or what ever it was making dx = dux2u then cancel it was all fine till question 10
Can somebody please make a unofficial mark scheme
Original post by devrajroy
Ya I got 25 but it’s a 5 mark question so idk I put that but it looks wrong.

Don't forget the cos x = 0, so x was also 90 degrees.
Original post by emoanimelover1
for this u had to use du/dx = 1/2u or what ever it was making dx = dux2u then cancel it was all fine till question 10

What was question 10?
q1 bionomial, calm. q2 finding p by taking logs or something i got 7.17 i think. q3 vectors part a calm, part b show trapezium i lost. q 4 i think was sequences calm. q7 inequality no clue, got the line equation so maybe 1 mark there. q14 differential, part a and part c was bs. Integration q i got somehow i think and part b i got as ln 49/3 i think. Differential q i missed part a and part c showing expansion is valid, part b i got as cube root of 64000-11200t. I got the tan sec2 nonsense somehow. For the last proof i did (2p+q)(2p-q) =25 and then said they have to equal 5x5 which isnt possible. For the sequences i got sum as -80.
the other two answers were 90 and 115.when you cancel cos, its cosx=0 which is 90and tan repeats itself every 180.
Original post by HS_1
wht did u guys put down for why k cannot equal 1? was it something to do with the sequence being periodic?

If it is 1 then all of the numbers in the sequence would be 2 and it wouldn’t have a periodic order of 3. That’s what I wrote
Original post by Bxrana

yeah please @mature.cheddar hmu
it was way WAY HARDER than all the past papers they brought out stuff from like before spec i think the gradeboundaries will drop to maybe 70% i got to 10 b before running out of time so idk with that its above 60% idk if it will get me my a* in this paper tho
What did u guys get for that inequality graph thing?
Could someone explain to me a bit more in depth how to the cotcosec part b question? I was so lost, i proved it fine in part a) but had no idea what to do for b & im normally good at those questions

Latest

Trending

Trending