Watch
AbbyFrancome
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi all!

I recently had an interview for a role
as StO and was successful. I’ve sent off my documents however I’m just wondering whether that means that I have secured a place or whether there’s still a chance I won’t be successful?
The excitement of the interview being a success has worn off haha and now getting a bit worried!

Thank you ☺️
Theloniouss
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What's a Statistical Officer?

(Can't help unfortunately )
thomas1972
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AbbyFrancome)
Hi all!

I recently had an interview for a role
as StO and was successful. I’ve sent off my documents however I’m just wondering whether that means that I have secured a place or whether there’s still a chance I won’t be successful?
The excitement of the interview being a success has worn off haha and now getting a bit worried!

Thank you ☺️
Literally in the exact same position...I might ask the recruitment people what's going on so I can get clarification. From my understanding, we've done the final stage and they're vetting us before allocating a department. There's a diagram from the GSS (possibly out of date) explaining the stages. On this diagram if you're successful at interview you could be allocated a department as a StO or if you're a borderline candidate you could become a temporary StO (assuming you pass vetting). Whether or not "success at interview" means we're not borderline candidates and whether or not this process is out of date, I'm unsure.
Ohj9320
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In the same position too, passed interview in July but been on a reserve list since. Sent all documents off and been put on a reserve list, fingers crossed something comes through for us all
thomas1972
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ohj9320)
In the same position too, passed interview in July but been on a reserve list since. Sent all documents off and been put on a reserve list, fingers crossed something comes through for us all
Oh wow, they're leaving it quite long then. So has your vetting been completed and you've been put into an official reserve list?
Ohj9320
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by thomas1972)
Oh wow, they're leaving it quite long then. So has your vetting been completed and you've been put into an official reserve list?
Yeah, been on it for around a month now.
AbbyFrancome
Rep:
?
(Original post by thomas1972)
Literally in the exact same position...I might ask the recruitment people what's going on so I can get clarification. From my understanding, we've done the final stage and they're vetting us before allocating a department. There's a diagram from the GSS (possibly out of date) explaining the stages. On this diagram if you're successful at interview you could be allocated a department as a StO or if you're a borderline candidate you could become a temporary StO (assuming you pass vetting). Whether or not "success at interview" means we're not borderline candidates and whether or not this process is out of date, I'm unsure.
Yeah i saw that diagram aswell.. i did actually email the recruitment team today and they responded saying they are working on allocation which can take within 4-6 weeks. No clarification on whether the role will be for StO or temporary StO. Looks like it could be a bit of a wait to find out. best of luck, hopefully we find out more soon!
AbbyFrancome
Rep:
?
wow july? any indication how much longer you will have to wait to hear back on any more info?
Ohj9320
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
wow july? any indication how much longer you will have to wait to hear back on any more info?
Not sure tbh, just been told I’m on a reserve list for up to 12 months
AbbyFrancome
Rep:
?
Not sure tbh, just been told I’m on a reserve list for up to 12 months
ugh that sucks. how long after you were successful at the interview were you told you’ve been put on the reserve list if you don’t mind me asking?
Ohj9320
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
ugh that sucks. how long after you were successful at the interview were you told you’ve been put on the reserve list if you don’t mind me asking?
About 2 weeks
Missvo59
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yeah i saw that diagram aswell.. i did actually email the recruitment team today and they responded saying they are working on allocation which can take within 4-6 weeks. No clarification on whether the role will be for StO or temporary StO. Looks like it could be a bit of a wait to find out. best of luck, hopefully we find out more soon!
I got the same 4-6 week response too, they never explicitly answered my question about what this means in terms of a job offer. Has anyone else emailed them? It would be nice to know if this means I am guaranteed a job or should I keep looking!!
Missvo59
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
About 2 weeks
If you don’t mind, what were your interview scores for the competency & data analysis Qs?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (79)
30.38%
Less motivated (181)
69.62%

Watched Threads