The Student Room Group

Official Mature Students 2021 University Applicants

:hello:
This is the thread for Mature Students who are thinking of applying to University in 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

I'm thinking of applying to Kings College for Neuropsychology. :eek: I've just started an access course in Health and Health Sciences.
I'm incredibly mature age-wise, not so much mentally. :s-smilie:
hello hello! I am applying to law to a bunch of schools (won't try to jinx them), but I am currently finishing up my BA in the US, so I'll be an international and mature student!
Hi! I'm applying to study English Lit, and am currently self studying that at A level, but going to swap to an Access to Humanities course at a local FE college instead. Nervously excited!
I'm planning to apply to York, Kent, Southampton, Surrey and Winchester.
Reply 4
Hi everyone.

I am applying for graduate entry LLBs as well. To the date, I have only decided on QMUL's course.
I have two master's degrees from my older times in unrelated fields, Biology and Anthropology. However have spend a long good time with kids after that at home, so time to start fresh! I am international too.
Reply 5
I'm 51, currently studying Access to HE humanities.

Hoping to study philosophy and English starting 2021, if I achieve good enough grades, at a Russell Group uni.

I feel younger now than when I was young.

And wiser.

Offer from Keele for Philosophy and English lit and for English Literature

Offer from University of Birmingham for English
(edited 3 years ago)
21 current studying science access course! hoping to study chemistry at university, dream uni atm would be UCL but a bit concerned about it being competitive and not getting in? also interested in uni of bristol, kings, uni of manchester, uni of nottingham and uni birmingham. finding it difficult to choose places tho without being able to visit due to covid :frown:
So do I. We are similar ages.
What is the Russell group?
Hi, I'm 44 and currently doing Access to science. I'm applying to all London unis as I need to live at home so will be commuting. I want to study nutrition and I'm interested in KCL, but worried about achieving the distinctions needed. Also looking at London Met and Westminster.
Reply 9
Original post by Manooka
:hello:
This is the thread for Mature Students who are thinking of applying to University in 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

I'm applying for Speech and Language therapy - back to undergrad again! I really want to go back to my undergrad uni, Newcastle, and I've also applied to Essex, UEA, Strathclyde and Sheffield.

I'm currently working. I've got two previous degrees, unrelated to SALT lol.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi everyone😁 I’m 23 and have applied for Paramedic Science!
I’ve just applied for BSc (Hons) Equine Science at Hartpury University!
I’m 25 ☺️
I applied to Winchester for BA (Hons) Animal Welfare and Society, I’m 25 and will also be an international student ☺️

Edit: Update- got my offer! ☺️
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi! What does Access to science mean? I am going to apply for MSc Pharmaceuticals just having undergraduate degree (received 14 years ago). Do I need to do access to science too?
Reply 14
30 and applied for bsc mental health nursing @ usw and swansea. i haven't done anything since my degree in media (2013)... but i'm currently working in healthcare.
Hi! I haven't studied anything since my overseas degree too (chemical engeneering). But I have 8 years experience working in pharmaceuticals, where I am going to apply for. I hope it will be enough. Hovewer I see that many people do access to science..I am confused do we need to do this to? I am going just apply with my transcript. Would be happy if somebody can tell more about accesss to science.
Original post by hawwie
30 and applied for bsc mental health nursing @ usw and swansea. i haven't done anything since my degree in media (2013)... but i'm currently working in healthcare.

Good luck with your applications @hawwie :smile:
If you'd like some information about support available to mature students then be sure to check out our website here, and if you have any questions then let me know, I'd be happy to help!
- Mia :smile:
Reply 17
Ive just been given an offer for the Learning Disabilities Nursing starting jan 2021. Im 36!

Im so excited. Ive been a carer for 12 years and havent been in traditional employment for 7 years.
Original post by LDTezza
Ive just been given an offer for the Learning Disabilities Nursing starting jan 2021. Im 36!

Im so excited. Ive been a carer for 12 years and havent been in traditional employment for 7 years.

Congratulations!!! I think it will be wonderful time for you!
Reply 19
Original post by LDTezza

that's amazing! good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending