Negative but postive all of a sudden.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
hi,

A friend of mine has been going through a hard time for a while now and she has been telling me all about it and how its made her feel so low and anxious but yesterday she text and it was a postive one, all of a sudden she is saying things like 'you have to trust that life only gets better and that happiness is just around the corner and that God will make things work out in the end'

Should I be concerned with this mood change of hers?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi,

A friend of mine has been going through a hard time for a while now and she has been telling me all about it and how its made her feel so low and anxious but yesterday she text and it was a postive one, all of a sudden she is saying things like 'you have to trust that life only gets better and that happiness is just around the corner and that God will make things work out in the end'

Should I be concerned with this mood change of hers?
if she's not showing any signs of doing anything silly then I wouldn't worry too much and would hope that she's having a good day.
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
She's probably just feeling good about herself and her situation you could always have a chat with her.
Anonymous #2
Report 10 months ago
Maybe she's realised she's been a bit of a downer in your conversations so she tried to overcompensate by sounding a bit strange when trying to express she's having a good day.

If it starts to appear she's very up and down and not able to manage her emotions then that's something that should raise concern.
bluemuffin
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
It could be somewhat concerning- keep a careful watch on other strange behaviour changes. Most likely it’s nothing but best to be caredul
Anonymous #3
Report 10 months ago
My friend is like that too she’s usually super negative, complaining about something and she hasn’t complained about anything but it’s because she’s talking to this guy so I think that might be the reason.
Anonymous #1
Maybe she's realised she's been a bit of a downer in your conversations so she tried to overcompensate by sounding a bit strange when trying to express she's having a good day.

If it starts to appear she's very up and down and not able to manage her emotions then that's something that should raise concern.
If she's very up and down, if some days she's negative and other days she says things like 'sorry about what i said earlier, im fine now, im trying to find joy in little things'
Why would being up and down likely to be a concern?

Thank you for your answer
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bluemuffin)
It could be somewhat concerning- keep a careful watch on other strange behaviour changes. Most likely it’s nothing but best to be caredul
In your opinion if some days they're negative and other days they try to pretend their fine and act like nothing negative is going on in their lives- why would that be concerning?
Anonymous #2
Report 10 months ago
If she's very up and down, if some days she's negative and other days she says things like 'sorry about what i said earlier, im fine now, im trying to find joy in little things'
Why would being up and down likely to be a concern?

Thank you for your answer
Well that would be a sign of someone who isn't able to regular their emotions properly. Could be a hormonal imbalance, they could have something going on in their home life which actually does mean she can have very good vs. very bad days alternating frequently or a mental health issue like Bipolar. At the same time, she could be insecure about or not understanding her feelings very well and so she speaks but then regrets talking about the lows so tries to camouflage with the good.

How old are you guys? If you're worried worried then let her know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads