The Student Room Group

AQA History A-level Autumn Exam 7042 - P 1,2, 7th/12th October 2020 - Exam Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Hi does anyone know what the 2m wars and welfare essays were for 2020?
F

Original post by Nafisaalam
can you tell me the ones that came up?

1. “... how convincing the arguments in these three extracts are in relation to religious changes from the late 1520s to the death of Henry VIII” - 30 marks

2. Ending support for rival claimants to the throne was the greatest success of Henry VII foreign policy

3. “The main aim of English foreign policy in the years 1509 to 1529 was to achieve peace with Europe”

4. “England was transform face economically and socially in the last 20 years of the reign of Elizabeth” (I think, but I didn’t answer that one)
does anyone know what the wars of the roses / tsarist and communist russia questions were?
Original post by aprose
F

1. “... how convincing the arguments in these three extracts are in relation to religious changes from the late 1520s to the death of Henry VIII” - 30 marks

2. Ending support for rival claimants to the throne was the greatest success of Henry VII foreign policy

3. “The main aim of English foreign policy in the years 1509 to 1529 was to achieve peace with Europe”

4. “England was transform face economically and socially in the last 20 years of the reign of Elizabeth” (I think, but I didn’t answer that one)

oh im sorry i meant for cold war
Anyone know what the Stalinist Russia questions were??
Original post by aprose
^^ this link includes all 4 of the questions that were on the 2020 autumn exam paper.
I sat the autumn exams for Tudors and Cold War and all 4 of the questions (even though we only answer 3) were included in these resources.

So for anyone asking for the questions, that link is your go to!!

Hi I couldn't find the questions for 2020 Modern Britain paper .Could you send them please if possible thank you
Original post by aprose
COLD WAR QUESTIONS:
Source: about Gorbachev and the very end on the Cold War

Essay: “The Potsdam and Yalta conferences were solely responsible for the beginning of the Cold War” assess the validity of this view

Essay: Assess how far Nixon’s policies in Vietnam were a complete failure

(They weren’t worded exactly like that but you get the gist)

All of these mathc up except the Gorbachov source. Neither the AS or A level paper has a source q with Gorbachov in it, the latest it goes is 1968 Czechoslovakia. It has a normal non source question towards the end of the ussr about economic problems and the end of ussr.

Are you positive Gorbachov was in it?
Hah anyone done 1G challenge and transformation in the autumn 2020 term
Original post by cardangreenbriar
Hey, I've got my mocks in a few weeks which my teachers are using to base my entire A-Level grade on - if anyone did transformation Britain or America birth of a nation and could give any tips from how the November 2020 paper went - it would be greatly appreciat

are you doing 1g challenge and transformation? were you able to find out the questions?
Original post by Nafisaalam
All of these mathc up except the Gorbachov source. Neither the AS or A level paper has a source q with Gorbachov in it, the latest it goes is 1968 Czechoslovakia. It has a normal non source question towards the end of the ussr about economic problems and the end of ussr.

Are you positive Gorbachov was in it?

Absolutely positive. No doubt in my mind.
The 2020 papers haven’t been released, apart from the resource AQA have released and it’s possible that they just didn’t add them on there
Is there a mark scheme for the first question you can find me please
Original post by aprose
I'm doing tudors & I'm so nervous!!!

Hi was the section A question
Original post by Mad1111
Hi was the section A question

About Henry VIII’s religious changes either during 1520 or 1530; I can’t remember
Anyone at London Brookes college?
Did anyone get the source question for The Making Of Modern Britain?
Original post by aprose
About Henry VIII’s religious changes either during 1520 or 1530; I can’t remember

Thank youxx
Reply 196
Hi, does anyone know what the French Revolution essay questions were? Thank you!
Does anyone know what the 2020 and 2019 questions were for 1h tsarist and communist Russia? Thanks xx
Original post by Miah1233
Hi does anyone know what the 2m wars and welfare essays were for 2020?

did u find out
Original post by user1400
did u find out

No but when I did the exam all the questions were off the released 2021 materials

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending