The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ashy
Fine :p:

Anyway, bed time.

bye!

Auf Weids and cheers :smile:

P.s. If the world does end before i'm next on TSR - hope the rest of your life goes well :smile:
cookieman
I hope you all know that there are satanic groups that are like preying and doing all sorts of wierd **** over this experiment. They even recon the CERN logo looks like 666

Oh dear :|
Would be good if the Higgs Boson is discovered 666 seconds after the experiment is fully operational.
how much would the black hole eat? would it go through our entire solar system? cause that'd be awesome.

i really hope this does cause the apocalypse, what an amazing way to die!
xenodocheionology
how much would the black hole eat? would it go through our entire solar system? cause that'd be awesome.

i really hope this does cause the apocalypse, what an amazing way to die!

Yeees :rolleyes:
History Lost in Physics
Yeees :rolleyes:

im sorry, im very tired and a little drunk.
black holes are exciting right now :frown:
xenodocheionology
im sorry, im very tired and a little drunk.
black holes are exciting right now :frown:

Lol - fine by me; drunkeness is a very good excuse for most things! Especially on TSR!
as long as its good enough for an over-enthusiastic interest in the end of the world, then i am fine.

that took me a long time to type :frown:
Reply 387
Damn morons.
Reply 388
I don't plan on being eaten by a black hole. It doesn't feature in my plans. Therefore, it will not happen.
Otley
I don't plan on being eaten by a black hole. It doesn't feature in my plans. Therefore, it will not happen.

if it happens, i will think of you and laugh.

even though there's like..no chance :frown: :frown: :frown:
my dad was right it is alwys the damn scientists that will bring humanity to an end great
I don't know why, but I have a Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy quote springing to mind...

"Many respectable physicists said they weren't going to stand for that sort of thing, partly because it was a debasement of science, but mostly because they didn't get invited to those sort of parties."

Yes, they definitely invented this black hole machine as an act of revenge because these Swiss scientists aren't invited to any good raves. Reasoning solved. They hate us all because we have more active social lives than them.
Reply 392
There have been at least 3 threads over the last 2 weeks or so - just search TSR for LHC.
Reply 393
Whilst i'm sure to those understand it, this is a fascinating experiment, I must say, i think there are far better uses for 4.4 billion whatever-currency-it-was-4.4billion-in (not zimbabwean dollars, i'm guessing)... there are countries starving due to drought and debt, and these scientists spend that much on testing a theory?
IMO, we should be sorting out problems that *actually* exist before we start messing with things like that.
Though i have *slightly* calmed down from the 'OMG i'm gonna die!!!1one' reaction i had when i found out about this through mock the week last week :p:
My mate works at the LHC and he just text me sayin that a mystery box just cut in front of him in the taxi queue at geneva airport and got in a taxi for the LHC. He reckons it was definitely a black hole.

My other mate works down there and he text me the other day to say he found a letter addressed to Mr. B. Hole.
Well there's basically three scenarios:
1. It all works perfectly (or not) but no black holes are created.
2. A tiny little black hole flickers into existence for a pico-second before snuffing itself out.
3. A huge, and stable, black hole is formed that devours the entire planet.

I mean really, there's nothing to worry about at all. Either everything's fine, or the planet gets destroyed. At which point, there's nothing to worry about because everyone has now been sucked into the black hole.
Reply 396
I reckon some crazy group of something or another will try and destroy a part of the accelerator before they start with the collisions :yep:
Reply 397
I'm going for the half life situation. An extra dimension will be unlocked letting head crabs through that will attack us and turn us into mindless zombies, don't worry though because i will put on a contamination suit and run around shooting them all with my endless supply of guns and a crowbar.
There's already a thread on this somewhere :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending