The Student Room Group

help me pick my subject pleaseeee

im doing history law and philosophy

i dont like law i wanna change it

i might do english cus i got an 8 for gcse

but idk, what if its boring and has too much content

idek what i wanna be anymore cus law was boring so i cant be a lawyer

i lowkey wanted bto do maths but i got a 7 n my friend who got a 9 said its hard so imagine me doin it lol
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by xo.simmy.ox
im doing history law and philosophy

i dont like law i wanna change it

i might do english cus i got an 8 for gcse

but idk, what if its boring and has too much content

idek what i wanna be anymore cus law was boring so i cant be a lawyer

i lowkey wanted bto do maths but i got a 7 n my friend who got a 9 said its hard so imagine me doin it lol

Honestly just do what you enjoy and don't think too much about what you wanna do when you've finished a level unless your set on being a doctor or something! Im in year 13 (doing english lit sociology and music), and there's a lot of reading for english and ive found a lot of the work it down to us to do on our own as in you fjnd ur own interpretations of texts rather than just going with the textbooks - so I'd say only do english lit if you like reading! However if you want to do maths, do it. A 7 at gcse is quite good and you'd be able to get the support and get better if you liked it so go for it.
Original post by Em1845
Honestly just do what you enjoy and don't think too much about what you wanna do when you've finished a level unless your set on being a doctor or something! Im in year 13 (doing english lit sociology and music), and there's a lot of reading for english and ive found a lot of the work it down to us to do on our own as in you fjnd ur own interpretations of texts rather than just going with the textbooks - so I'd say only do english lit if you like reading! However if you want to do maths, do it. A 7 at gcse is quite good and you'd be able to get the support and get better if you liked it so go for it.

wow thank you so much i think ill do english lit as i love making my own interpretations thus why i chose philospy

Quick Reply

Latest