The Student Room Group

Going Into Biomedical Science

Hi,

What are my chances of being accepted into Biomedical Science with A Level: Biology, Psychology and Criminology?
Reply 1
It depends on the universities entry requirements, some may count psychology as a second science and others won't. Have a look at unis entry requirements, and see what subjects they need, some may need Chemistry.
How to Avoid 5 Rejections - common mistakes people make with UCAS applications - worth reading - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections
Original post by SilveringBlue
Hi,

What are my chances of being accepted into Biomedical Science with A Level: Biology, Psychology and Criminology?

Hi, I am a student of biomedical science at London metropolitan uni. our biomedical science course's entry requirements are a minimum of grades BBC in A levels with B in Biology and B in Chemistry (or a minimum of 112 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma/Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Progression Diploma or Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits).
you may be able to do a foundation course with us which is normally for those who do not meet the entry requirements or don't hold the traditional qualification for the three-year course. at London met we have a great Biomed science course with foundation year which is a total of 4 years. I did the foundation year and honestly, the depth is nothing compared to a level which is great for prepping you for the next year of the course. to progress into the 1st year of Biomed you will need to achieve a certain grade in each module of the foundation year which is totally achievable. our course is also accreted with the IBMS which is great for broadening your career options after your degree e.g. working in the NHS or public health. if you would like more info about the course at London met please see our website!

hope this helps and if you have any questions about the course or foundation year please ask away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending