The Student Room Group

What would you think we should be taught in schools?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kallisto
Do you mean the global issues? sure, everyone who is seriously interest in would learn it off anyway.

but what about taxes and personal money management, couldn't they just learn that off YouTube or through browsing as they grow older?
Original post by Iliketurtles19
but what about taxes and personal money management, couldn't they just learn that off YouTube or through browsing as they grow older?

Sure, we can. But in my opinon some things about taxes can be taught in economic policy, so what are taxes, what kind of taxes exist, how the tax category are assigned to people, etc.
Original post by Kallisto
Sure, we can. But in my opinon some things about taxes can be taught in economic policy, so what are taxes, what kind of taxes exist, how the tax category are assigned to people, etc.

what your suggesting is that topics like this should be integrated into the school curriculum because it is regarded as an essential life skill?
Original post by Iliketurtles19
what your suggesting is that topics like this should be integrated into the school curriculum because it is regarded as an essential life skill?

That is what I suggested, yes. The principles and the basics in any case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending