The Student Room Group

Do I put the name of the University that ran my MOOC in my personal statement?

I am writing my personal statement and I want to write about an Ancient History online course that I did from the University of Reading. Do I write that it was from the Uni of Reading or do I leave that out?

One of the unis I am applying to is Reading and I am worried that other unis will see I am applying for Reading and think that I tailored the personal statement specifically for that uni.
Original post by K Russell
I am writing my personal statement and I want to write about an Ancient History online course that I did from the University of Reading. Do I write that it was from the Uni of Reading or do I leave that out?

One of the unis I am applying to is Reading and I am worried that other unis will see I am applying for Reading and think that I tailored the personal statement specifically for that uni.

It's fine to mention it and name it :smile:
Original post by K Russell

Hi @K Russell

I would say it's actually a good idea to include the University's name (and I'm not just saying that because I'm from Reading!) because it helps to legitimise the content of the MOOC. A MOOC run by a university will look better than a course put together by a random person without any credibility. At least that's my thinking!

Also it's great to hear you're applying to Reading - If you have any questions please do ask!!

Dan :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending