The Student Room Group

Personal statement for business

I know I’m very late to be applying but have suddenly decided I want to go uni.
Does anyone have any ideas for what to put for a personal statement for business? Especially opening paragraph I’m really struggling and have just been staring at a blank screen for hours haha
Reply 1
Original post by elloell
Does anyone have any ideas for what to put for a personal statement for business? Especially opening paragraph I’m really struggling and have just been staring at a blank screen for hours haha
hasn't the deadline passed?
Reply 2
Original post by nath22
hasn't the deadline passed?
For clearing - I mean you can still apply after but I'm planning on going through clearing
Original post by elloell

Your personal statement usually relies a lot on the experiences you have - and using those as examples to demonstrate skills you developed. It's good to reflect if you've done any jobs, work experience or volunteering that you feel might be relevant to your course. Talking about how the skills you developed could apply to academic skills could also be helpful.

If you don't have too much experience, thats okay! I would always recommend doing further reading to show your interest in the course. I'd think about what areas of business interest you and to find books on that. MOOCs also really show further interest in your degree topic. These are Massive Open Online Courses, they're completely free. I'd suggest googling "business MOOCs" and you can find some really interesting titles out there :smile:

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending