The Student Room Group

rough schedule of uni week ???

say if i was doing 70-80% independent learning and 20-30% lectures/seminars,, what would the average schedule look like ???? would i have a lot of free time or ????
Original post by cryingchild
say if i was doing 70-80% independent learning and 20-30% lectures/seminars,, what would the average schedule look like ???? would i have a lot of free time or ????

It depends on the course and its intensity. Personally, I take quite a heavy joint course (Maths and Computer Science) and am expected to do around 50% of my work independently, and probably have like 20 hours a week on timetable? But most people don't have as much, especially for humanities courses. Generally total working hours for a week is about the same as a mon-fri 9-5, so you're probably looking at 2-3 hours of timetabled stuff a day.

Hiya!

It really depends on your course and what year you are in as each year your contact hours will reduce. I have found in my first two years that I did have quite a bit of free time. In my first year I had 14 hours of lectures/seminars and then each day would try to do 3-4 hours of studying/revision/assignment work. I found that with this schedule I could have a part time job of around 10 hours a week and still go out a few evenings with my friends. I recommend trying to plan out your time and use a diary each day to write what you need to get done so you don't fall behind on any uni work!

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Hey,

This will depend on the course and university, however in my experience you do have quite a bit of free time in first year. I did Law and in first year I had only 12 contact hours. I found that I had enough time to do a part time job, do independent study and have free time. It's hard to predict your exact time table, but once you receive it, it will be easier to plan around it and see what your schedule will be like.

Good luck!

Zaira :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending