The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Questions about life as a student at Loughborough University?

Hi! I studied both my undergraduate degree and postgraduate degree at Loughborough University so am happy to help answer any questions about life as a Loughborough University student!

Ella :smile:
Hi Ella,

I am applying for a 2021 degree in Media and communications which I'm really excited about. However I have heard that Loughborough is a university for really sporty people and my passions outside my degree lie in Music. Do you think this matters? When you were at the uni did everyone there do sport? Were the non-sporty people considered outsiders?

Thanks
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by har!bo
Hi Ella,

I am applying for a 2021 degree in Media and communications which I'm really excited about. However I have heard that Loughborough is a university for really sporty people and my passions outside my degree lie in Music. Do you think this matters? When you were at the uni did everyone there do sport? Were the non-sporty people considered outsiders?

Thanks

Hi @har!bo,

You definitely do not need to be sporty to come to Loughborough! Lots of people think this, probably because we have a large number of different sporting clubs and because we have won awards for sport and sport-related subjects, but that is definitely not all the University has to offer!

Loughborough Student's Union offer lots of different societies and lots of different clubs and societies outside of sport. You can view the list of current societies here, but if there is a society you'd like that is not on the list, the Loughborough SU will help you to create one! Maybe our Music Society or LSU Sing! may be of interest to you? There really is something for everyone. LSU also host numerous activities and events you can get involved with so you will also have opportunities to try new things, as well as meet people with similar interests to you.

Hope this helps!
Ella :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending