The Student Room Group

Economics at uni

I’m currently trying to apply to Manchester, Loughborough (these two don’t need a 7 in gcse maths or A level maths), Birmingham, Nottingham and Leeds (which need a 7 in gcse maths but don’t need A level maths). I got a 6 in maths gcse so kinda stressing whether i’m gonna get into any of my choices. I don’t know if i need to look for other unis or just change my course completely.

Currently studying a level physics, economics and photography because i was set on studying architecture but changed my mind.
One thing you need to think of is that the maths grade requirement is set for a reason. So even if they let you in with a 6 when the requirement is a 7 (unlikely anyway) you could struggle. But that being said the maths as part of economics at uni is completely different to school and you would be able to learn it there too
Original post by hennixetta
I’m currently trying to apply to Manchester, Loughborough (these two don’t need a 7 in gcse maths or A level maths), Birmingham, Nottingham and Leeds (which need a 7 in gcse maths but don’t need A level maths). I got a 6 in maths gcse so kinda stressing whether i’m gonna get into any of my choices. I don’t know if i need to look for other unis or just change my course completely.

Currently studying a level physics, economics and photography because i was set on studying architecture but changed my mind.

Hi hennixetta,

To give you the best idea of the likelihood that your subjects/grades meet our criteria at Loughborough, please feel free to email our admissions team directly and they will able to answer your questions - [email protected]

There are many factors taken into consideration when offering places so it's worth asking them so that you can make an informed decision with regards to your choices.

Do let me know if you have any other questions :smile:

Good luck
Bindu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending