The Student Room Group

[Official] St John's College Applicants thread 2021

Hi everyone! Who else is thinking of applying for St John's and for what course? And is there anyone from St John's who can share their experiences? Thanks!

Moderation Note: The sharing of off-site group chats, social media handles and phone numbers is not allowed on TSR to keep our community safe, so please do not share any personal details on the public forum. If you have any questions, please come and talk to us in Ask The Community Staff. You can find more information on staying safe on TSR here.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying to St John's for French and ab-initio Russian (: I was drawn to it mainly by the sheer level of financial support, and it's a beautiful college. Even if it isn't well reputed by other Cambridge students, I'm attracted to it nevertheless :biggrin:
Original post by nutellher
I'm applying to St John's for French and ab-initio Russian (: I was drawn to it mainly by the sheer level of financial support, and it's a beautiful college. Even if it isn't well reputed by other Cambridge students, I'm attracted to it nevertheless :biggrin:

Hi! Yes it does look really beautiful! I'm intrigued to know what you've heard about it from other students? :smile:
Original post by GreenStudy10
Hi! Yes it does look really beautiful! I'm intrigued to know what you've heard about it from other students? :smile:

It's basically a joke amongst Oxford students that "they'd rather be anywhere else but St John's" since a lot of private school students go there, but despite that, people who go to St John's seem to enjoy it and the staff there seem supportive, so its reputation doesn't bother me all that much.
Original post by nutellher
It's basically a joke amongst Oxford students that "they'd rather be anywhere else but St John's" since a lot of private school students go there, but despite that, people who go to St John's seem to enjoy it and the staff there seem supportive, so its reputation doesn't bother me all that much.

I agree me neither. Good luck with your application!
Original post by GreenStudy10
I agree me neither. Good luck with your application!

Thank you! Good luck with your application too! (:
Reply 6
Hi, I'm applying for economics to St. John's. :smile:
Hi I’ve applied for Natural Sciences at St John’s
Hi, I have applied for Law at St John's.

Has anyone heard anything re interviews yet?
Reply 9
Original post by Aussie Student
Hi, I have applied for Law at St John's.

Has anyone heard anything re interviews yet?

nope, i haven't heard anything!
btw i'm also an australian applicant :smile:
Original post by LivM03
nope, i haven't heard anything!
btw i'm also an australian applicant :smile:

That's awesome - it's great to see that other Australians are applying!
Anyway, hopefully they'll let us know soon :smile:
Original post by Ssssabella
Hi I’ve applied for Natural Sciences at St John’s

Sameee !! have you gotten an interview yet?
Hi, I'm applying to PBS! I haven't heard anything about an interview but apparently some colleges have already been sending out invitations...?
Original post by dracoswife
Sameee !! have you gotten an interview yet?

No 😥 hopefully we’ll hear news soon. I didn’t do very well in my nsaa so I’m not expecting an interview I’m just looking for some peace of mind now ahah I hate not knowing
SAME!!!!!
my nsaa went so badly defos failed but I really just wanna know abt the interview too :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Ssssabella
No 😥 hopefully we’ll hear news soon. I didn’t do very well in my nsaa so I’m not expecting an interview I’m just looking for some peace of mind now ahah I hate not knowing

Honestly same. I don't know what happened to me in the exam but I couldn't focus at all - had to guess so many questions. Hopefully they will give us a chance
Reply 16
I've applied for natural science. Just seen a comment about a lot of private school people applying to St John's, just wondering how true this is haha - is anyone else from state school?
Reply 17
Original post by dht2201
I've applied for natural science. Just seen a comment about a lot of private school people applying to St John's, just wondering how true this is haha - is anyone else from state school?

Hey, I'm from a state school too! I think John's is known for having a very private school heavy cohort each year, although I think this is down to limited state school students applying.
I’m applying to St. John’s for architecture! Still no mention of an interview yet but I’ve got my fingers crossed🤞🏽. If anyone else is applying for architecture let me know :smile:
Also I’m from a state school too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending