[Official] St John's College Applicants thread 2021

Watch
username5422386
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi everyone! Who else is thinking of applying for St John's and for what course? And is there anyone from St John's who can share their experiences? Thanks!

Moderation Note: The sharing of off-site group chats, social media handles and phone numbers is not allowed on TSR to keep our community safe, so please do not share any personal details on the public forum. If you have any questions, please come and talk to us in Ask The Community Staff. You can find more information on staying safe on TSR here.
Last edited by 04MR17; 7 months ago
nutellher
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I'm applying to St John's for French and ab-initio Russian (: I was drawn to it mainly by the sheer level of financial support, and it's a beautiful college. Even if it isn't well reputed by other Cambridge students, I'm attracted to it nevertheless
username5422386
Rep:
?
(Original post by nutellher)
I'm applying to St John's for French and ab-initio Russian (: I was drawn to it mainly by the sheer level of financial support, and it's a beautiful college. Even if it isn't well reputed by other Cambridge students, I'm attracted to it nevertheless
Hi! Yes it does look really beautiful! I'm intrigued to know what you've heard about it from other students?
nutellher
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by GreenStudy10)
Hi! Yes it does look really beautiful! I'm intrigued to know what you've heard about it from other students?
It's basically a joke amongst Oxford students that "they'd rather be anywhere else but St John's" since a lot of private school students go there, but despite that, people who go to St John's seem to enjoy it and the staff there seem supportive, so its reputation doesn't bother me all that much.
username5422386
Rep:
?
(Original post by nutellher)
It's basically a joke amongst Oxford students that "they'd rather be anywhere else but St John's" since a lot of private school students go there, but despite that, people who go to St John's seem to enjoy it and the staff there seem supportive, so its reputation doesn't bother me all that much.
I agree me neither. Good luck with your application!
nutellher
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by GreenStudy10)
I agree me neither. Good luck with your application!
Thank you! Good luck with your application too! (:
g.ana
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi, I'm applying for economics to St. John's.
Ssssabella
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi I’ve applied for Natural Sciences at St John’s
Aussie Student
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi, I have applied for Law at St John's.

Has anyone heard anything re interviews yet?
LivM03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Aussie Student)
Hi, I have applied for Law at St John's.

Has anyone heard anything re interviews yet?
nope, i haven't heard anything!
btw i'm also an australian applicant
Aussie Student
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by LivM03)
nope, i haven't heard anything!
btw i'm also an australian applicant
That's awesome - it's great to see that other Australians are applying!
Anyway, hopefully they'll let us know soon
dracoswife
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Ssssabella)
Hi I’ve applied for Natural Sciences at St John’s
Sameee !! have you gotten an interview yet?
sjbelkin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi, I'm applying to PBS! I haven't heard anything about an interview but apparently some colleges have already been sending out invitations...?
Ssssabella
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by dracoswife)
Sameee !! have you gotten an interview yet?
No 😥 hopefully we’ll hear news soon. I didn’t do very well in my nsaa so I’m not expecting an interview I’m just looking for some peace of mind now ahah I hate not knowing
dracoswife
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
SAME!!!!!
my nsaa went so badly defos failed but I really just wanna know abt the interview too
cocosd
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Ssssabella)
No 😥 hopefully we’ll hear news soon. I didn’t do very well in my nsaa so I’m not expecting an interview I’m just looking for some peace of mind now ahah I hate not knowing
Honestly same. I don't know what happened to me in the exam but I couldn't focus at all - had to guess so many questions. Hopefully they will give us a chance
dht2201
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I've applied for natural science. Just seen a comment about a lot of private school people applying to St John's, just wondering how true this is haha - is anyone else from state school?
cocosd
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by dht2201)
I've applied for natural science. Just seen a comment about a lot of private school people applying to St John's, just wondering how true this is haha - is anyone else from state school?
Hey, I'm from a state school too! I think John's is known for having a very private school heavy cohort each year, although I think this is down to limited state school students applying.
Mason937937
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I’m applying to St. John’s for architecture! Still no mention of an interview yet but I’ve got my fingers crossed🤞🏽. If anyone else is applying for architecture let me know
Mason937937
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Also I’m from a state school too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
15.04%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.02%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.26%
I need help with my personal statement (50)
37.59%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (35)
26.32%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.26%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.52%

Watched Threads