Applying to Imperial with AAA for an A*A*A course.

Watch
AmazChanel99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What the title says; I’m not too sure if it is worth applying since it could be an instant rejection. This would be my only aspirational.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AmazChanel99)
What the title says; I’m not too sure if it is worth applying since it could be an instant rejection. This would be my only aspirational.
What does the offer calculator say?

https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator
AmazChanel99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
What does the offer calculator say?

https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator
Sorry, I didn’t know this was a thing, I’ll check it now. Thanks
*****deadness
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are you applying for, and are those real grades? If the course requires tests like the MAT and you smash it, they'll probably give you another think. If those are predicted/center assessed grades, they might see that you're better than what your teachers think.
Unita
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's very likely you will be rejected pre interview. Imperial courses are very competitive and require you to meet the predicted/achieved grade requirements as bare minimum. I wouldn't applying with predicted grade that are two below the requirement. If it is your dream course try work really hard this year to get those grades and reapply. You could use this as motivation to do well in your a levels. This way you would have a much stronger application and more likely to be accepted. Taking a gap year can also be really beneficial if you plan it correctly. There are many gap year schemes that could boost your application and in general help you have a good sense of what you would like to do in the future. I'd recommend you look into a scheme called 'yini'.

Whatever happens good luck in the future !

Edit: this is assuming that the AAA is your predicted grades btw.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AmazChanel99)
I would expect an automatic rejection. Imperial College London? You could also contact the relevant tutor for admissions, although they're likely to be quite busy at the moment.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know someone who applied to Imperial with the required predicted grades but when said student was rejected, the reason Imperial gave was that their predictions weren’t competitive enough - so applying with predictions below the requirements is very risky and probably not worth it given the highly competitive nature of Imperial.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (622)
33.73%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (776)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.74%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads