The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Applying to Imperial with AAA for an A*A*A course.

What the title says; I’m not too sure if it is worth applying since it could be an instant rejection. This would be my only aspirational.
Original post by AmazChanel99
What the title says; I’m not too sure if it is worth applying since it could be an instant rejection. This would be my only aspirational.

What does the offer calculator say?

https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Muttley79
What does the offer calculator say?

https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator

Sorry, I didn’t know this was a thing, I’ll check it now. Thanks
What are you applying for, and are those real grades? If the course requires tests like the MAT and you smash it, they'll probably give you another think. If those are predicted/center assessed grades, they might see that you're better than what your teachers think.
Reply 4
It's very likely you will be rejected pre interview. Imperial courses are very competitive and require you to meet the predicted/achieved grade requirements as bare minimum. I wouldn't applying with predicted grade that are two below the requirement. If it is your dream course try work really hard this year to get those grades and reapply. You could use this as motivation to do well in your a levels. This way you would have a much stronger application and more likely to be accepted. Taking a gap year can also be really beneficial if you plan it correctly. There are many gap year schemes that could boost your application and in general help you have a good sense of what you would like to do in the future. I'd recommend you look into a scheme called 'yini'.

Whatever happens good luck in the future !

Edit: this is assuming that the AAA is your predicted grades btw.
Original post by AmazChanel99

I would expect an automatic rejection. @Imperial College London? You could also contact the relevant tutor for admissions, although they're likely to be quite busy at the moment.
I know someone who applied to Imperial with the required predicted grades but when said student was rejected, the reason Imperial gave was that their predictions weren’t competitive enough - so applying with predictions below the requirements is very risky and probably not worth it given the highly competitive nature of Imperial.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending