The Student Room Group

Is there a point in applying to Imperial for medicine?

Hi guys, I'm currently set on applying to Imperial, BSMS, St George's and Liverpool for medicine. I'm currently predicted AAAA in Bio, Chem, Maths and French with an A preliminary in EPQ, and was just wondering if there was a point in applying to Imperial as most of their successful applicants have an A*AA. I believe my application is otherwise strong in terms of the personal statement, GCSEs and my current BMAT mock scores. I also scored a 2700 with band 2 for UCAT (not relevant for Imperial).

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated
Are the entry requirements A*AA?
Reply 2
No the requirements are AAA. I was thinking of just trying my luck but the majority of successful applicants do have an A*AA predicted.
Original post by RandomBoi333
No the requirements are AAA. I was thinking of just trying my luck but the majority of successful applicants do have an A*AA predicted.

Hey why not? Had a friend who got an interview with AAA (BMAT 13.5) . A greater emphasis is placed on the BMAT score for interview offers.
Reply 4
Hi guys, I'm currently set on applying to Imperial, BSMS, St George's and Liverpool for medicine. I'm currently predicted AAAA in Bio, Chem, Maths and French with an A preliminary in EPQ, and was just wondering if there was a point in applying to Imperial as most of their successful applicants have an A*AA. I believe my application is otherwise strong in terms of the personal statement, GCSEs and my current BMAT mock scores. I also scored a 2700 with band 2 for UCAT (not relevant for Imperial).

The offer will be A*AA unless contextual.

Hi there,

Great to hear that you are applying for the University of Liverpool, great choice!

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the city or the University.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending