The Student Room Group

help

I am doing history aqa gcses. I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO REVISE. im lost. I really would like a grade 7-9 as target grades are changing. so i would like some help please
Everyone has their own way of revising, but I prefer rewriting the notes and then saying them out loud. Or if you could find online summarised notes, you could print, highlight and say them out loud too.
Others revise well through watching videos, just find a YouTube video on your topic.

Exam questions are also extremely important, and you can find them easily, or you could look through past papers online. When doing those, look at the content that you got wrong in the paper and revise it.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi, I'm currently studying GCSE Edexcel History. I don't know if these tips will be of any use to you, but they help me so it might be worth a try?

-The key thing I do is to summarise one topic onto a mindmap. I don't know what topics you do, but say you studied Norman England, then you could do a mindmap on Norman society. I find it helpful when all the information I need is on one page.
-The second thing I do is look up past exam questions and plan an answer to them. I don't write out the full answer, but just plan the main ideas that I would put in that answer. I then compare what I've written to what's on the mark scheme, and then learn the plan that I've written, which I find helps me to better understand important topics and themes. Of course, you could write a full answer to each question, but I personally find doing this takes me forever and so I find it a lot easier just to plan an answer.
-Lastly, I watch a lot of YouTube videos. I tend to watch these at the end of a topic to summarise, or when I don't understand a particular concept. I sometimes find having another person explain something to you instead of your teacher helps

I hope you find something within these tips that will help you. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by helpNOWplease2
I am doing history aqa gcses. I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO REVISE. im lost. I really would like a grade 7-9 as target grades are changing. so i would like some help please

which of the topics do you do?
in our school each topic (or paper) is already split into three sections, so for each section i split it into smaller sub-topics
for each sub-topic i make a page of Cornell notes with a summary at the bottom - i get the info from my book, revision guide, bitesize and sometimes youtube
then i condense each page of Cornell notes into one flashcard with just the key words, dates, names and events or "trigger words"
and then before the exam i can test myself on all the sub-topics for that paper
this works pretty well for me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest