The Student Room Group

Mental Health Support Society XXI

A thread to get advice and support about mental health.

Messages and Helpful Advice Nervous about going to the doctor regarding your mental health? Use this great tool here to help you prepare!

Confidentiality Rules If you speak to a doctor, teacher, tutor or another adult about a mental health problem, then they are legally bound to not tell anyone (including your parents) unless you are a danger to yourself or other people. This will generally only happen if you are actively suicidal or at risk of actively hurting someone else. If you self harm it is unlikely they will, although they may ask to have follow up meetings with you. If the person you tell feels they do need to talk to someone else then they will usually tell you first, and say who they will tell and why.

Moderation Message We all want TSR and especially the Mental Health Support Society to be a safe place for users to get support and constructive, helpful advice. We do not want anyone to get triggered or feel worse as a result of posts on the site, whether that would be a response to your post, or a separate post made by another user. It is for this reason that we have rules relating to self harm and suicide discussion.

Please be mindful that there are users with a range of mental illnesses including eating disorders viewing this thread and spoiler any potentially triggering content, especially relating to food, weight and abuse. This can be done by adding the tags

Spoiler

If you could also add a vague description of what sort of content is in there that would be helpful, for example 'ED trigger warning'.

Please note that discussion of suicide or self-harm is not permitted on TSR, whether that's writing about contemplating it, or discussing methods. We also cannot allow code words to get around this ban. It is important to note that this includes anything written in spoiler tags. Please also remember that posts that do not directly mention self harm or suicide, but imply or hint about it, may also be triggering for users.The reasons for this policy are:

- We are not professionally trained to deal with serious, potentially dangerous issues like this. We feel that directing people to appropriate help is safer than posting on TSR about it.
- Often messages about these types of feelings end up getting replies which are at best well-intentioned but unhelpful and at worst downright malicious. We would never want someone to be made to feel worse for posting about their feelings.
- There is a real risk of both triggering other users and increasing dangerous behaviour by allowing discussion of self-harm methods etc.
- We do not want TSR to be seen to be a site which encourages or promotes self-harm.

Unfortunately we are not able to monitor all posts in the site all the time, and therefore we rely on the report function to help us become aware of problematic posts. Intolerance or discrimination of any kind is not allowed and is not welcome on this thread - if you see a post containing these or anything else stated above, please use the report function to bring it to our attention and refrain from replying to these posts.

If you have any queries about moderation, please make a thread in Ask the Community Team, and someone will reply to you as soon as possible.

Scroll to see replies

Quotes from the last thread :smile:

Spoiler

NEW THREAD, NEW THREAD, NEW THREAD :nutcase:

[scroll][scroll] :woo: :danceboy: :woo: [/scroll][/scroll]
Bagsy Anon #?
Reply 4
NEW THREAD :woo: :nutcase:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Bagsy Anon #?

Were you also Anon 1 from the last thread?
Hi everyone!
This is to say that if anyone is struggling with their mental health my DMs are open and I'm happy to listen :smile:
:party:
New thread! :woo:
crikey
Heyyy :hi: :hugs: PMs always open if anyone needs a chat :h:
exciting
Original post by Darya.
Were you also Anon 1 from the last thread?

No, I think I was Anon #17 or #19 haha.
Long time no see stranger :biggrin: :hugs:
Thanks @CoolCavy

Hugs to all :grouphugs:
Reply 15
Hope everyone's doing well and sending lots of hugs to everyone who needs them and everyone who wants them :grouphugs:
:grouphugs:
New thread :woo: :hugs:
I was anon 1 on the previous thread, dunno which anon I am in this one?
Original post by Anonymous
I was anon 1 on the previous thread, dunno which anon I am in this one?

Quick Reply

Latest