The Student Room Group

Mental Health Support Society XXI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm just worried my family won't understand because I think if you knew them you know but I think my family won't take it well like you probably don't understand and think im wrong but don't know my family. I just don’t know about the gp either. I know you've given me advice but I just dont know if anything you have said will work. Like if felt confident talking to my family I would have done ages ago and sane with the gp I would have gone ages ago if I was confident about it but im not. I struggle to get myself out of bed

I'm sorry you've found what I've said unhelpful, that was not my intention at all. I'm really sorry if I've upset you in any way :frown: I hope you can find inner peace somehow and soon :moon:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I'm sorry you've found what I've said unhelpful, that was not my intention at all. I'm really sorry if I've upset you in any way :frown: I hope you can find inner peace somehow and soon :moon:

No you haven't upset me in anyway, I appreciate you helping, I am on the verge of crying right now but its not you in any way. Thanks for your reply. Im on the verge to cry because I just don't know what to do any more. I just don’t know
By the time I get out of bed GPS are probably closed anyway

Well, you've made some effort to write all that out, perhaps use that motivation to try and get up early and make a doctors appointment. You don't know if it can help because you've not tried it. Try it out.
Original post by Pathway
Well, you've made some effort to write all that out, perhaps use that motivation to try and get up early and make a doctors appointment. You don't know if it can help because you've not tried it. Try it out.

But I can barely get myself out of bed, never mind getting myself outside the house and go to a gp. Im actually no refusing, I think it actually is not likely to do with my emotions because even if I do get myself out of bed to leave the house my family are all home they are going to ask where I'm going, its going to look fishy if I say for a walk because I never go out for a walk, I never go out in general on my own apart from college.
But I can barely get myself out of bed, never mind getting myself outside the house and go to a gp. Im actually no refusing, I think it actually is not likely to do with my emotions because even if I do get myself out of bed to leave the house my family are all home they are going to ask where I'm going, its going to look fishy if I say for a walk because I never go out for a walk, I never go out in general on my own apart from college.

Well most GP appointments are via phone nowadays so you can do it from your bed.
Original post by Pathway
Well most GP appointments are via phone nowadays so you can do it from your bed.

My family come in my room often. Is there anything like an online chat?
My family come in my room often. Is there anything like an online chat?

Er, I don't know. Your GP might have an online chat service, mine doesn't. Failing that, go outside. Take a call in your garden (if you have one) or down the road. If your parents ask questions just say you went on walk.
Insomnia is really doing me over. Given up with sleep tonight.
Gotten out of bed feeling so anxious this morning and I don't know why :sigh:

Decided on Friday (or Saturday?) to come off meds so not sure if it's just withdrawal or not - hadn't felt this throughout Sat-Mon though, just usual withdrawal headache - do the withdrawal symptoms just develop/change from what they were initially?

Had tapered down to just ~9-10mg of venlafaxine each day, because cba to keep taking it, want to find out what life is like off of them - been over 3 years (maybe 4?) on them and idk :sigh:

If isn't withdrawal then is just from stupid decision-making on headlamps :facepalm:
Original post by Pathway
Insomnia is really doing me over. Given up with sleep tonight.

:console: hope your day's okay Pathway
Original post by purple-duck
Gotten out of bed feeling so anxious this morning and I don't know why :sigh:

Decided on Friday (or Saturday?) to come off meds so not sure if it's just withdrawal or not - hadn't felt this throughout Sat-Mon though, just usual withdrawal headache - do the withdrawal symptoms just develop/change from what they were initially?

Had tapered down to just ~9-10mg of venlafaxine each day, because cba to keep taking it, want to find out what life is like off of them - been over 3 years (maybe 4?) on them and idk :sigh:

If isn't withdrawal then is just from stupid decision-making on headlamps :facepalm:

Omgosh hi :hugs: :penguinhug:
Dont think my psychs ringing :lol: what a joke
Whats the point in having a psych if to have your meds upped they have to suggest it to your gp then your gp has to speak to you about it, then finally action an increased dose...

I give up i truly do
Saw my psychiatrist today and he agreed that I can withdraw from one of my antipsychotics. :biggrin: I'm trying to take as few meds as possible. Fingers crossed nothing bad happens. :crossedf:

I'm down from 14 pills a day to 5. :proud:
Original post by purple-duck
:console: hope your day's okay Pathway

Thank you. :redface: Did end up sleeping a few hours later. Talk about being upside down.

Original post by PandaWho
Whats the point in having a psych if to have your meds upped they have to suggest it to your gp then your gp has to speak to you about it, then finally action an increased dose...

I give up i truly do

:hugs:

Original post by Sabertooth
Saw my psychiatrist today and he agreed that I can withdraw from one of my antipsychotics. :biggrin: I'm trying to take as few meds as possible. Fingers crossed nothing bad happens. :crossedf:

I'm down from 14 pills a day to 5. :proud:

:five: That's awesome! I'm not even gonna count how many I take. :redface:
Really just fed up of basically everything at this point.
Hello hello :biggrin: sorry im about a million years late with this :colondollar:

Hopefully everyone has their MHSS secret santas by now? :smile: If you havent received yours please pm me (not the person directly) as i know royal mail have been having a few delays over christmas.

Without further ado here are the pairings :woo:

Spoiler

Thank you all for participating and i hope you all enjoyed it :grouphugs: same time next year :santa3:

:xmas:
Original post by CoolCavy
Hello hello :biggrin: sorry im about a million years late with this :colondollar:

Hopefully everyone has their MHSS secret santas by now? :smile: If you havent received yours please pm me (not the person directly) as i know royal mail have been having a few delays over christmas.

Without further ado here are the pairings :woo:

Spoiler

Thank you all for participating and i hope you all enjoyed it :grouphugs: same time next year :santa3:

:xmas:

I was anon 1 on the previous thread, I’m now anon 2 :redface:

Hope you’ve got yours @The_Lonely_Goatherd, when I sent it this was before my area went into tier 4 before lockdown and was working, so could only send it when I was off :redface:
Thank you so much @Noodlzzz!
Original post by Pathway
Really just fed up of basically everything at this point.

The lockdown getting to you? :console:

Quick Reply

Latest