The Student Room Group

Betbull withdrawal dillema.

Today, I received an email saying my bank has declined my withdrawal but they say there's no issues on their end.
I ask if betbull have accepted my withdrawal and insist so, meaning they're trying to send my money but can't.

Prior to this happening, I lose my debit card and cancel it.
The bank insists that whilst my credit card has been blocked, the withdrawal should still be able to take place.Screenshot_20201123-174707.png
Get another card? Or make a skrill account and withdraw to there
Reply 2
Original post by Cupoftea2020
Today, I received an email saying my bank has declined my withdrawal but they say there's no issues on their end.
I ask if betbull have accepted my withdrawal and insist so, meaning they're trying to send my money but can't.

The bank insists that whilst my credit card has been blocked, the withdrawal should still be able to take place.

What method are they using to send the money?

Are they refunding to your bank card (via the 16-digit number on the front of the card) or are they transferring the money direct to your bank account using the 6-digit sort code and 8 digit account number?

If they're using the card number and you've cancelled the card then it's understandable that all transactions might be blocked on there. (I appreciate your bank has said that this should still work, but it's just possible that the person you spoke to is wrong or has misunderstood.)

Maybe best to identify which way the transaction is being made, get betbull to try the transaction again, and if it still fails then contact your bank again.
Reply 3
Original post by Cupoftea2020

The bank insists that whilst my credit card has been blocked, the withdrawal should still be able to take place.Screenshot_20201123-174707.png

The withdrawal is going back to your account via your debit card, but it's blocked. Give the bookie your new card details and withdraw again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending