The Student Room Group

URGENT - Planning to move universities not sure what to do about SFE

Hey,
I’m in the middle of applying for moving unis to start a different course and re start the year. I have a few questions about applying for SFE
1. Do I apply for SFE as a continuing student at my current university then change it when I have a firm offer?
2. Do I wait until I have a firm university and then apply for SFE? I’m concerned this might lead to having a late payment
3. Am I a continuing student or a new student?
Will you be completing your current year? If so then you’re a continuing student.

When you apply as a continuing student you are asked whether you will be doing the same course at the same university so can put in the details of the new course.

If you’re not 100% sure that you will be moving then apply as if you’re staying on your current course and then just make a change when you’re sure you’re moving
Reply 2
I assume I've already completed the year by now, as there are no more lectures or exams

I will apply as if I am continuing and then change when i'm sure, thankyou!! So so helpful
Original post by Chloe3511
Hey,
I’m in the middle of applying for moving unis to start a different course and re start the year. I have a few questions about applying for SFE
1. Do I apply for SFE as a continuing student at my current university then change it when I have a firm offer?
2. Do I wait until I have a firm university and then apply for SFE? I’m concerned this might lead to having a late payment
3. Am I a continuing student or a new student?

Hi there, are you withdrawing from your current university? Is your new university classing you as a new or returning student? Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, are you withdrawing from your current university? Is your new university classing you as a new or returning student? Thanks, Karen

Heya, I plan to withdraw but I have completed first year!

not too sure what this classifies me as though, I assume a continuing?

Don’t withdraw from your current course until August - and when you do let them know that you’re transferring and details of your new course and university.

If you withdraw now then SFE will class some of your loan for the Summer holiday as overpaid and will want it back. If you wait and then let your university know that you’re moving to a different university then you will be treated as a continuing student.

If you are withdrawing from your current course your would be classed as a new student. You wouldn't be able to apply for your new course until your current university send us a withdrawal notification to advise us that you have withdrawn. I would advise to speak with your current university to send the withdrawal notification as soon as possible to allow the team to update your application.

Once this has been processed and your online account shows withdrawn you will be able to apply for funding for your new university and course. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending