The Student Room Group

Need some help with my Economics personal statement

Would talking about cryptocurrency be irrelevant? In particular the crash during lockdown? Or should I stay away from it
Stay away
Reply 2
Original post by tinygirl96
Stay away

Are you sure? Could you please explain why? Thank you.
Yeah focus on your skills etc instead.
Is it something that is covered in your uni choices? If so, you can mention it. If not - don't bother
Reply 5
For anyone stumbling across this thread, I decided not to listen to the advice of the people above me, and decided to write about my passion. Cryptocurrency wasn't covered in any of my uni choices, yet I decided to base my Economics personal statement around it. The result of this was, well, being accepted for all my university choices. I have come back here to tell you today that I am glad I did not listen to these people. @tinygirl96
Original post by EcoFriend
For anyone stumbling across this thread, I decided not to listen to the advice of the people above me, and decided to write about my passion. Cryptocurrency wasn't covered in any of my uni choices, yet I decided to base my Economics personal statement around it. The result of this was, well, being accepted for all my university choices. I have come back here to tell you today that I am glad I did not listen to these people. @tinygirl96

Just because you chose to ignore their advice doesn't mean that was the sole thing that guaranteed you got accepted, especially for a course like economics. Your PS is just one aspect of your application. How do you know the people reviewing your application weren't wondering "why on earth has this applicant spent their entire PS talking about something we won't even cover?" but chose to accept you because your predicted grades were great? Your one experience won't necessarily match with everyone else's experience (for other people in the same position in the future) too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending