The Student Room Group

Mirror vs reality

Guys I look so good in the mirror but the camera makes me look vety asymmetric and and tilted while in real life my head is straight . I dont think mirror inverts any image
Most alphabets are asymmetric so it appears inverted . But human body is symmetric so it appears how it is . Write M on a paper and place it in front of the mirror it'd appear exactly how it is cos M is symmetric . The way world is interpreting it means the left body part is on our right and vice versa . I dont think das how it works. But I still have a fear I look odd in real life . When I raise my right hand in mirror the right to me is raised its not my left dude . Then how can you say mirror is inverted ???
Don’t take pictures to literally.. they don’t show the truth. There are so many things a photographer can do to alter the way you look that the idea that it’s the most accurate representation of you is just wrong. I mean most photographs these days are on smartphones with wide lenses that really distort people’s faces.. not to mention computational editing that then alters it further and the fact that in freezing motion you are creating a representation never seen in real life.

It’s perfectly possible and easy to make a beautiful person look ugly in a picture, and you’d be amazed at how much you can change about how a person looks through good posing alone
Reply 2
Its so depressing for me to look this way . My head is tilted I look inclined to one side my glasses look crooked so as my right jaw . Right jaw is v shaped and left jaw is oval . It makes a lot difference cos my right is swapped to the left and vice versa in pictures and reality . I thought mirror was the reality I even convinced myself but I did one more experiment cos I was insecure . My mom's face look crooked in the mirror but she looks so goddamn fine in real life as well as cameras . I showed my mom my mirrored picture and a non mirrored picture she said the non mirrored is HOW I LOOK so as my cousins . GOD IM FREAKING OUT I CANT UNDERSTAND HOW THIS RIGHT LEFT SWAP IS HAPPENING . As far as I know mirror dont flip symmetry and our eyes see both symmetrical and asymmetrical as symmetric!!! BUT I THINK DAS NOT HOW IT IS AND I LOOK VERY UGLY IN REAL LIFE . MY SELF ESTEEM IS DEAD . IM SO INSECURE RN . THE PERSON IVE BEEN OBSESSING OVER ISNT ME . IM A INVERSED VERSION OF IT AND ITS SO SICKKKK

Quick Reply

Latest