Art - 6
Geography - 5
Design and Technology - 5
English - 4
Maths - 4
Chemistry - 4
Biology - 3
Spanish - 2

I really want to take art, DT and geography as A-levels but I'm worried that I won't be able to do geography and DT as I'm predicted 5s in them. I would probably drop geography after AS - level because I want a bit of a social life. Btw I want to do a degree in Art and Design and possibly become a teacher after. Do you think that I will get onto an A-level course and if not then what should be my course of action. I definitely do not want to do a Btec or any other equivalent to an A-level because my parents think that they're for dumb people and I will easily become their least favourite child.

Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Joshuah0123
Hi,
My predicted grades for GCSE are:

Art - 6
Geography - 5
English - 4
Maths - 4
Chemistry - 4
Biology - 3
Spanish - 2

I really want to take art, DT and geography as A-levels but I'm worried that I won't be able to do geography and DT as I'm predicted 5s in them. I would probably drop geography after AS - level because I want a bit of a social life. Btw I want to do a degree in Art and Design and possibly become a teacher after. Do you think that I will get onto an A-level course and if not then what should be my course of action. I definitely do not want to do a Btec or any other equivalent to an A-level because my parents think that they're for dumb people and I will easily become their least favourite child.

Thank you

hi,
are you sure you can apply to uni with only 2 alevels? i thought it had to be 3?
Original post by OL12345
hi,
are you sure you can apply to uni with only 2 alevels? i thought it had to be 3?

you can apply with 2 a levels with "mitigating circumstances" - e.g: i'm applying with 2 a levels bc i can't manage 3 as i have multiple severe mental illnesses
Original post by Joshuah0123
Hi,
My predicted grades for GCSE are:

Art - 6
Geography - 5
English - 4
Maths - 4
Chemistry - 4
Biology - 3
Spanish - 2

Thank you

at my 6th form, they tend to ask for 5s or 6s if you want to do the a level; they may just want to have a chat with you to see if you feel able to do the a level. if you feel a btec course is for you , then just do it. they are not 'easier' or for 'dumb people' they're just a different way of assessing you, do what feels right for you!

Quick Reply

Latest