The Student Room Group

Referencing but forgot in-text citation

Hi everyone,
I'm freaking panic right now because this is my first essay at first-year in university. My teacher did not say anything much about quoting so I'm really confused about it. I referenced but forgot to put in-text citation in the essay, so is it counting as plagiarism? Please help cause I'm so scared right now 😭 thank you
Original post by Hien Minh
Hi everyone,
I'm freaking panic right now because this is my first essay at first-year in university. My teacher did not say anything much about quoting so I'm really confused about it. I referenced but forgot to put in-text citation in the essay, so is it counting as plagiarism? Please help cause I'm so scared right now 😭 thank you

This is plagiarism.
You will have to deal with the consequences, you've been at university for a whole semester now.

What action will the university likely take: id imagine they will fail the assignment and give you a warning. So if you can pass the module with a 0 on this assignment you may still pass but if not you might have to do a summer resit. Fortunately, 1st year at most unis doesn't count or only a minimal contribution to the degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending