The Student Room Group

Are we going back to school next week?

Hi. I’m Year 13 and I’ve had to self-isolate 4 times since September, so I was wondering if we’re actually in school next week? It’s unimportant, but I’m aiming for As/A*s and feel like my absenteeism could jeopardise that. I’m also an extremely anxious person and experience depressive episodes frequently, so I honestly hope we don’t have to learn remotely again, but of course I understand that if that decision is made, it’s best for the wider public and the vulnerable. What do you think will happen?
Original post by Anonymousamie
Hi. I’m Year 13 and I’ve had to self-isolate 4 times since September, so I was wondering if we’re actually in school next week? It’s unimportant, but I’m aiming for As/A*s and feel like my absenteeism could jeopardise that. I’m also an extremely anxious person and experience depressive episodes frequently, so I honestly hope we don’t have to learn remotely again, but of course I understand that if that decision is made, it’s best for the wider public and the vulnerable. What do you think will happen?

If you're in England and you're in Yr13 or in Yr11 then yes you'll start school next week (I think you'll start on the 4th but check your school website though). However, the gov may announce today that their decision has changed so stay on alert!

I've had remote learning about 3 times now and I'm in Yr12. I know it sucks and your mental health starts to deteriorate the more time you spend at home. This doesn't mean you can't get an A/A*. The biggest problem you'll have to face during remote learning is procrastination and motivation. Once you start you'll build up a habit and then you'll end up studying as you do at school.

Good luck!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Supdrise
If you're in England and you're in Yr13 or in Yr11 then yes you'll start school next week (I think you'll start on the 4th but check your school website though). However, the gov may announce today that their decision has changed so stay on alert!

I've had remote learning about 3 times now and I'm in Yr12. I know it sucks and your mental health starts to deteriorate the more time you spend at home. This doesn't mean you can't get an A/A*. The biggest problem you'll have to face during remote learning is procrastination and motivation. Once you start you'll build up a habit and then you'll end up studying as you do at school.

Good luck!

Thanks so much! I think you’ve hit the nail on the head tbh because I’ve been focusing on school work from 9am-10pm since March (with barely any breaks - they make me feel guilty lmao), so this holiday I just feel burnt out and anxious over the uncertainty of our drama exam (we’re meant to be performing it next week, but if we’re learning from home, it’ll be rescheduled for the fourth time). Hopefully this will all clear over in a few months though and we’ll both be fine!! Good luck too x

Quick Reply

Latest