Student account !!

Watch
Caasi0611
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
So my student finance has been approved! The payment details within the application is my normal bank account. I have a very bad credit history in the past and it is slowly hurting better. if I open a student bank account would I still be able to get the overdraft with the student account or will I be rejected?

Also should the student finance payments going to student account or my normal one can someone please help thank you...
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Caasi0611)
So my student finance has been approved! The payment details within the application is my normal bank account. I have a very bad credit history in the past and it is slowly hurting better. if I open a student bank account would I still be able to get the overdraft with the student account or will I be rejected?

Also should the student finance payments going to student account or my normal one can someone please help thank you...
You should contact the different banks you're interested in getting a student account with and asking them as they'll be able to tell you accurately whether they'll accept you.

Student finance doesn't have to go in a student account. I got mine paid in my regular account and then transferred it to my student one.
Caasi0611
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
You should contact the different banks you're interested in getting a student account with and asking them as they'll be able to tell you accurately whether they'll accept you.

Student finance doesn't have to go in a student account. I got mine paid in my regular account and then transferred it to my student one.
Thank you for your response I will do just that. May I ask you when your first finance payment was made?

This is my first foundation year and I have no clue as of when it will actually be in my account. Scheduled payment say they will be on a specific date, but then student finance say not until I’ve actually enrolled I will get the payment after..

Finance date is before hand but enrolment isn’t got another month 🙈
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Caasi0611)
Thank you for your response I will do just that. May I ask you when your first finance payment was made?

This is my first foundation year and I have no clue as of when it will actually be in my account. Scheduled payment say they will be on a specific date, but then student finance say not until I’ve actually enrolled I will get the payment after..

Finance date is before hand but enrolment isn’t got another month 🙈
It was a couple of years ago so I'm not sure, however I think I got it about a week after enrolling in my first year.
Caasi0611
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
It was a couple of years ago so I'm not sure, however I think I got it about a week after enrolling in my first year.
Thank you for your response x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (24)
16.78%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (48)
33.57%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (14)
9.79%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (14)
9.79%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.9%
I think it's an unfair expectation (33)
23.08%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
2.1%

Watched Threads