The Student Room Group

Student account !!

So my student finance has been approved! The payment details within the application is my normal bank account. I have a very bad credit history in the past and it is slowly hurting better. if I open a student bank account would I still be able to get the overdraft with the student account or will I be rejected?

Also should the student finance payments going to student account or my normal one can someone please help thank you...
Original post by Caasi0611
So my student finance has been approved! The payment details within the application is my normal bank account. I have a very bad credit history in the past and it is slowly hurting better. if I open a student bank account would I still be able to get the overdraft with the student account or will I be rejected?

Also should the student finance payments going to student account or my normal one can someone please help thank you...

You should contact the different banks you're interested in getting a student account with and asking them as they'll be able to tell you accurately whether they'll accept you.

Student finance doesn't have to go in a student account. I got mine paid in my regular account and then transferred it to my student one.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
You should contact the different banks you're interested in getting a student account with and asking them as they'll be able to tell you accurately whether they'll accept you.

Student finance doesn't have to go in a student account. I got mine paid in my regular account and then transferred it to my student one.

Thank you for your response I will do just that. May I ask you when your first finance payment was made?

This is my first foundation year and I have no clue as of when it will actually be in my account. Scheduled payment say they will be on a specific date, but then student finance say not until I’ve actually enrolled I will get the payment after..

Finance date is before hand but enrolment isn’t got another month 🙈
Original post by Caasi0611
Thank you for your response I will do just that. May I ask you when your first finance payment was made?

This is my first foundation year and I have no clue as of when it will actually be in my account. Scheduled payment say they will be on a specific date, but then student finance say not until I’ve actually enrolled I will get the payment after..

Finance date is before hand but enrolment isn’t got another month 🙈

It was a couple of years ago so I'm not sure, however I think I got it about a week after enrolling in my first year.
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
It was a couple of years ago so I'm not sure, however I think I got it about a week after enrolling in my first year.

Thank you for your response x

Quick Reply

Latest