The Student Room Group

Uncomfortable in Internship task...ADVICE

I recently begun a design internship where i'm designing illustrations. The task for one project is a bit of a "taboo, political and controversial" subject and I'm a bit uncomfortable in doing an illustration based on that.

I don't want to illustrate this particular subject, as I feel it would destroy my career path as well as my reputation as a artist. It's NOT based on race or religion.

Do you have any advice of what I can tell my project manager and any advice in general? Thank you
Reply 1
u should be able to tell ure GM about ure situation but first tell him that re not being ungrateful for the job,tell him u cant perform ure best in this project bcoz u feel uncomfortable on this subject,if he actually understands ure situation and if im the gm ,i would assign this to someone who is comfortable doing it,but then reality sucks sometimes,either way u will know the true colours of people ,dont pressure ureself of what can happen,and be fearless trust ure instincts,truthfully u got nothing much to lose more like what u can gain,the fact that u worry about ure image says a lot about ure character,dont be sorry for what u are ,anything happens will happen for best,wish u all the luck,and have a shot of whatever alcohol or whatever soothes u and proceed, if nerves get the better of u.gd luck to u..hope this helped

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending