The Student Room Group

Psychology at Nottingham vs Surrey vs Sussex

I'm already applying to King's, Warwick, Manchester and Loughborough but I'm not sure for my last choice. I'd like to do a placement year and I'm not sure which uni would give better opportunities.

Does anyone study psych at any of them?
Would you recommend the course?
Also, what uni out of these do you think is the most prestigious or reputable lol- generally but also in terms of their psych departments.
Hi there!

I am a second year Psychology student, so I can answer any questions you have about psychology, uni and everything in general!

Although this is information for 2021 entry the information can still give you an insight into what Psychology would be like in 2022: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/psychology. There is also 4 different courses you can do which is all listed under the key information area.

If you also look at these two links you will be able to delve deeper into the psychology department and look at the facilities and equipment that will be available to you:
https://www.surrey.ac.uk/school-psychology
https://www.surrey.ac.uk/school-psyc...-and-equipment

Furthermore if you are unsure about studying Psychology then see this link for 5 reasons why you should https://www.surrey.ac.uk/news/five-r...chology-surrey

Also here is some information from me about the standard and quality of teaching here at Surrey: In the Psychology department, the department has always maintained a high standard. I feel as though I am really benefitting from the teaching here and learning new things. The lecturers have always been quick in helping me. They also have contact hours which you can attend and ask them any questions you may have. Although this is in the Psychology department - I have no doubt that the teaching will be great and supportive. For other support around the uni, there is a health and wellbeing centre which can help with any needs such as sexual health, mental health or any queries you may have. There is also a Career service team that can help with CVs and cover letters and even interviews. I am currently applying for placements in HR and the career team have been extremely helpful in reading my CVs and helping me improve it to enable me to get through the application process of many HR roles.

I would definitely recommend studying Psychology here, I am loving it and couldn't of picked a better uni to study it at! Although, you need to pick the university which is best for you, so you need to consider other factors than just the course such as facilities at the uni etc.

I hope this helps and give you some more information and options when it comes to considering unis for psychology ! Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Becca
Original post by ShubyRuby
I'm already applying to King's, Warwick, Manchester and Loughborough but I'm not sure for my last choice. I'd like to do a placement year and I'm not sure which uni would give better opportunities.

Does anyone study psych at any of them?
Would you recommend the course?
Also, what uni out of these do you think is the most prestigious or reputable lol- generally but also in terms of their psych departments.

Hi @ShubyRuby,

I studied Psychology at Loughborough University so hopefully I can offer some insight into the course and student life here!

I really enjoyed the course and love that its covers such a wide array of topics - I also really like how every year I had the option to select optional modules so you can delve deeper into the areas that interest you most. The academics and staff are all really helpful and approachable and you really get the feel that they want you to do well and to succeed. They are also really knowledgeable in their different fields and it is really engaging to learn from academics who are clearly very passionate about what they are teaching!

In regard to the University in general, from my experience, you really get a sense of the #LboroFamily and the community feel when you step on to campus. The campus also feels safe and really is a home away from home!

I hope this helps - if you have questions, I'm more than happy help!
Ella

Quick Reply

Latest