The Student Room Group

Joe Biden’s First Day Began the End of Girls’ Sports

Scroll to see replies

That title is obscenely alarmist.
Nope, even before considering the question of advantage, it was at worst unfair for two of them: the bronze medallist who might otherwise have won silver, and the 4th place finisher who might otherwise have won bronze. The gold medallist would have won anyway, and everyone below 4th would have been an also-ran with nothing at stake anyway (this is still amateur cycling, so no real prize money).
What legislation has been widely advocated for that might foreshadow wanting to make certain gender identities illegal, in your opinion?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Vapordave
That title is obscenely alarmist.

And yet entirely true to form for the author.
i was wondering what legislation these people have advocated for, that makes you think that "these people won't be satisfied until it becomes illegal to even be a male anymore". It was just a question, as recent legislation regarding gender has (mostly) been discrimination protections for all genders.
Reply 45
Still don't get what your objection is.
Trans-women tend not to outcompete cis-women. The results show this.

This is may not be the end of women's sport, but that doesn't make it any fairer for those women who lost out by having to compete with men.

But trans-women are not men. You really need to try and grasp this concept. It is absolutely central to the issue.

Most biologically female athletes will not be able to compete with biologically male athletes.

And?
Most cis-women athletes can't compete with the best cis-women.
Most trans-women athletes can't compete with the best cis-women.
Still fail to see where the problem lies.
Original post by QE2
Someone else who has not read the actual EO, but just the tight-wing media hysteria.
All Biden has done is sign an order that says existing legislation will be enforced. The EO does not actually say any of the things these reports imply.

Is this the same Mary Gregory who was stripped of her titles because she was not actually a trans woman but still a male (competitive status) who hid her true status from the event organisers?

Nonsense. Elite female athletes will generally beat most males.

"Someone else who has not read the actual EO, but just the tight-wing media hysteria.
All Biden has done is sign an order that says existing legislation will be enforced. The EO does not actually say any of the things these reports imply."

You must be those lads who read and listen to dailymail. Lol

"Is this the same Mary Gregory who was stripped of her titles because she was not actually a trans woman but still a male (competitive status) who hid her true status from the event organisers?"

Don't they all do the same thou by changing their gender and hiding their true identity?

Anyway, you seem very defensive to this whole post so, I will just leave it there.

Reply 47

Sorry competely random question but what exactly is this wee symbol you posted?
Reply 48
Original post by iNeed2p
You must be those lads who read and listen to dailymail. Lol
Don't they all do the same thou by changing their gender and hiding their true identity?
Anyway, you seem very defensive to this whole post so, I will just leave it there.

I have no idea what you are trying to say there.
As part of the 'reactionary right' I wholeheartedly welcome this news and this might actually make me inclined to watch things like women's MMA.

Screw feminist Terfs I want to pay to see this glorious progressivism.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wxDaiyREBPw

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending