The Student Room Group

UCL vs Uni of Nottingham - sports/exercise science

I’ve currently got offers to study sports and exercise science at Nottingham uni and sports and exercise medical sciences at UCL and am quite conflicted on which one to firm. Does anyone have any personal experience/ input from these courses or the experiences at either uni?
Original post by Caryse_11
I’ve currently got offers to study sports and exercise science at Nottingham uni and sports and exercise medical sciences at UCL and am quite conflicted on which one to firm. Does anyone have any personal experience/ input from these courses or the experiences at either uni?

You don't need to make a decision until June so don't rush into it. Try to attend offer-holder days, talk to staff and students, and decide if you would be happy living there. The course content should be your primary consideration. Nottingham is campus-based and would be a very different experience to living in London. Also research accommodation costs and availability for all three/four years of your course.
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
You don't need to make a decision until June so don't rush into it. Try to attend offer-holder days, talk to staff and students, and decide if you would be happy living there. The course content should be your primary consideration. Nottingham is campus-based and would be a very different experience to living in London. Also research accommodation costs and availability for all three/four years of your course.
My issue currently is that Nottingham accomodation opens early April and the UCL offer holder days aren’t until end of April/ early May so I’m not too sure what to do with that :smile:
Original post by Caryse_11
My issue currently is that Nottingham accomodation opens early April and the UCL offer holder days aren’t until end of April/ early May so I’m not too sure what to do with that :smile:

Unis aren't allowed to put pressure on students to firm before the deadline so if Nottingham is doing that by saying it is a first-come first-served basis for accommodation you can report it to [email protected]. Often unis don't allocate rooms until after results day when they know who has met their offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending