The Student Room Group

im asian pakistani and dont know what career to pursue /dont know what to be ??

im in year 11 and i acc dont know what to be in the future career wise pls help im not sure what to do plss helpp i have no interest in any subjects at school but uno asian parents are strict and want you to become docters or dentistry thing lol idk but idk plssss helppp....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
lool to be a doctor u joker looooool ahhhh ok thanks im trnya get a good degree like pharamacy or not really lol so what u wanna be then?
good degree like pharmacy lmao
do a pure science(physics or chemistry) or maths so you have more options from law to banking to engineering to consultant
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
good degree like pharmacy lmao
do a pure science(physics or chemistry) or maths so you have more options from law to banking to engineering to consultant

lol im not good at sciences thats the thing lol
Reply 4
lol im a girl buhhh i dk
As a Pakistani, you have 2 options:
- Doctor
- Failure
Reply 6
Original post by RichPiana
As a Pakistani, you have 2 options:
- Doctor
- Failure

loool imagine if i say im not a clever brown girl lol then ygm loooolll nawww
Reply 7
urmm ? its mostly men thats always do it......
loool imagine if i say im not a clever brown girl lol then ygm loooolll nawww

Then prepare to be shipped off to Pakistan to marry your cousin.
cosmetic scientist? :smile:
urmm ? its mostly men thats always do it......

Not really am in software engineering and there is quite abit of girls in my course
If you’re not good at sciences you don’t need to do them! Are you good at maths?
You could become a lawyer, a teacher and soon upgrade to a headteacher, architect, a politician, work in parliament, be a businesswomen of a great company, you can be an author, a therapist, a nurse? (I know this one seems like a science which is technically is but you can do health and social care in college which is mainly coursework to do nursing), speech and language therapist (I think they’re very very important), hmmm I don’t want to get too sciencey but how about a dietician, work in the policeforce? Economist? There are so so many jobs out there. I think business is one of the big ones. You can start one or what I think is best, work in a good business as an employee and learn some stuff then start your own. Fashion designer? International relation stuff like working in the UN which is quite important and degrees tha aren’t sciencey are well adapted to these. You can even do things like history, languages, literature, anthropology and sociology and do a phd in them to be a professor which can both teach the subject and become a researcher!
Hey OP

We have good friends that are Indians/Asains. The parents were born in India/north Indian Punjab the children here and all of them are doctos, one was a dentist now
orthodentis own practices and they look down their nose when they here that a child has not been to uni and look down their nose again if the others child is not a
doc/gp/consultant = lawyer = dentist with own practices or a very successful business person. However, most Indian parents have taken on the western culture better than most Pakistani parents from what I've seen, heard and read.

First of all you need to know what your capacity is as you may want to be an astronaut but don't have the metal. You may want to join the special forces but don't have head for heights - you may want to be a F1 driver but do not have the backing for that or you
may want to be a pilot but possibly colour blind, you get my drift.

One of my friends an Indian told me that most asian parents will pass off their failure child working as a "MANAGER" or a bANK manager when in fact they are the office admin.

You need to know if you want to become a shop assistant, actor, nurse, bin man, post man, police person, waiter, grass cutter, etc, etc, before I can really help you

HTH

looooll noooooooooo

Why "shipped off" hun? Y not here??

You are not aware that many years ago, the royal family and other well to do people did that to keep wealth within their family.
I enjoyed this one.
Original post by ruru06
cosmetic scientist? :smile:

urm idk?
lol i might get disowned by my parent ygm loool
Are there any subjects that you currently like out of all of your GCSE options? you don't have to be wholeheartedly devoted to the subject or get like top grades to know if you enjoy it.

Also ask yourself this, when you think of the future what kind of future do you see? working with people? 9 to 5 job etc?

tbh I was in your situation once as well and I thought I was gonna end up living on the streets getting disowned by my parents or smth like that but I later on in yr 13 realized what I really wanted to do after having researched all the types of jobs that existed and their requirements, so don't stress too much about it, you still have a lot of time. You may feel lost at the moment and idk maybe think of yourself as a failure for not knowing what you want to be as an adult but that's fine, people find out their strengths and weaknesses at different stages of life and I think it's best to figure those out at a slow tempo.
Original post by Wolfbangenoff
Why "shipped off" hun? Y not here??

You are not aware that many years ago, the royal family and other well to do people did that to keep wealth within their family.

And you are not aware of belonging to a Pakistani household.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending