Do you have curly hair? [Hair updates - I think]

Watch
Theoldme10
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have curly hair, I use head and shoulders supreme and a coco and eve masque once a week. I use the coco and eve serum after and blow dry then go over with GHD. I wrap my hair up every night and sleep with a silk pillowcase, it stays really sleek and I can brush it out every day. I don’t need to add anything onto it but I do put a tiny bit of serum into in every day just to make it sleek and shiner. It doesn’t get tangled and greasy this way and looks smart, wrapping it up also makes the end wavy x
xandra_sky
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes I do have curly hair. I am using hask argon oil shampoo and conditioner right now and seems good. I also use hair mayonnaise and coconut oil to keep the curls from going frizzy. So it's not tangly I sometimes plait it at night, but yours might not be long enough for that
CeeeJ5
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
What do you do when it's all tangled up each morning and don't wanna use harmful chemicals everyday in the shower?

Or how do you make sure it stays clean and doesn't smell after 3 or 4 days of not using chemicals - so just hot water from the shower?

Anyone tried stuff like 'As I Am' coconut longterm or what do you use and how often?
Deffos use a light conditioner to “shampoo” in the shower, between washes to refresh hair. Detangle when conditioner is in the hair and kind of like style it how you’d want it out the shower and rinse. Leave in conditioner (shea moisture castor oil leave in) and argan oil on mid/ends when youre out the shower and scrunch with a clean t shirt. Let air dry
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have curly hair but it doesn't tangle.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thanks for sharing your hair routine. I saw a couple of you mention satin / silk material - well I read more about it and ended up ordering some satin pillowcases last night, they should arrive tomorrow from Amazon.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Theoldme10)
I have curly hair, I use head and shoulders supreme and a coco and eve masque once a week. I use the coco and eve serum after and blow dry then go over with GHD. I wrap my hair up every night and sleep with a silk pillowcase, it stays really sleek and I can brush it out every day. I don’t need to add anything onto it but I do put a tiny bit of serum into in every day just to make it sleek and shiner. It doesn’t get tangled and greasy this way and looks smart, wrapping it up also makes the end wavy x
Thanks - I have ordered some satin pillowcases and they should arrive tomorrow.
(Original post by CeeeJ5)
Deffos use a light conditioner to “shampoo” in the shower, between washes to refresh hair. Detangle when conditioner is in the hair and kind of like style it how you’d want it out the shower and rinse. Leave in conditioner (shea moisture castor oil leave in) and argan oil on mid/ends when youre out the shower and scrunch with a clean t shirt. Let air dry
What does it mean by 'scrunch'? Is that like patting my hair with a towel or t-shirt instead of rubbing it?

I just put some shea butter it arrived the other day and I really love the smell and texture.

I'm a bit confused by curly vs wavy, because mine seems to be between the 2 of them... how do I explain without having to show my picture?
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
I'm a bit confused by curly vs wavy, because mine seems to be between the 2 of them... how do I explain without having to show my picture?
Truflais
Report 1 week ago
I wash my hair about every 5 days and it doesn't really tangle. I use oils and usually spray some leave in conditioner every night then tie it in a silk scarf. That helps.

Similar here. If I leave it and don't do anything it's just v wavy but with the right products/if I use my diffuser it's more curly.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Truflais)
I wash my hair about every 5 days and it doesn't really tangle. I use oils and usually spray some leave in conditioner every night then tie it in a silk scarf. That helps.

Similar here. If I leave it and don't do anything it's just v wavy but with the right products/if I use my diffuser it's more curly.
Who can tell me what type of hair this guy has?

Final Fantasy
Rep:
?

Is this curly or wavy hair or both?
Truflais
Report 1 week ago

Is this curly or wavy hair or both?
Hair type 2 of some sort I'd say. Hair can be a combo of curly and wavy. My hair is feathered, shortest is around my collarbone but the longest goes down past my butt when straightened. But my shortest layers are much curlier whilst longer hair is more wavy.

Name:  a5eb7f047965758477328e34a6f8eb79.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  157.9 KB
Last edited by Truflais; 1 week ago
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Hair type 2 of some sort I'd say. Hair can be a combo of curly and wavy. My hair is feathered, shortest is around my collarbone but it goes down past my butt when straightened. But my shortest layers are much curlier whilst longer hair is more wavy.

Name:  a5eb7f047965758477328e34a6f8eb79.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  157.9 KB
Oh wow - didn't know there were defined categories - thanks! That will make it easier to research.

Yeah I'd say mine is in between 2B and 2C. The longer it gets the more difficult it becomes to manage and I've not been able to get a haircut due to lockdown.

What is your hair type category closest to?
Truflais
Report 1 week ago
Oh wow - didn't know there were defined categories - thanks! That will make it easier to research.

Yeah I'd say mine is in between 2B and 2C. The longer it gets the more difficult it becomes to manage and I've not been able to get a haircut due to lockdown.

What is your hair type category closest to?
Between 2a and 2b I'd say. It's very wavy but sometimes a lil more curly. Varies between;

Spoiler:
Show

Name:  FB_IMG_1613731299839.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  96.3 KB Name:  FB_IMG_1613731296534.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  71.5 KB Name:  FB_IMG_1613239009326.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  125.8 KB
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Between 2a and 2b I'd say. It's very wavy but sometimes a lil more curly. Varies between;

Spoiler:
Show

Name:  FB_IMG_1613731299839.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  96.3 KB Name:  FB_IMG_1613731296534.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  71.5 KB Name:  FB_IMG_1613239009326.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  125.8 KB
Ahh right I see. Thanks. Yeah I'd say mine is more like your second picture where it looks more curly, though much shorter of course. Tbh, I'm not sure how it will turn out if I keep growing it, perhaps less curly? No idea - maybe I'll just let it grow out and tie up in a pony tail lol, that might make it more manageable.
Truflais
Report 1 week ago
Ahh right I see. Thanks. Yeah I'd say mine is more like your second picture where it looks more curly, though much shorter of course. Tbh, I'm not sure how it will turn out if I keep growing it, perhaps less curly? No idea - maybe I'll just let it grow out and tie up in a pony tail lol, that might make it more manageable.
Yeah the second pic is when I use a diffuser etc. Otherwise it's more wavy like in pic 1. When it gets longer it gets much heavier etc so doesn't curl up as much. (For me anyway!)
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Yeah the second pic is when I use a diffuser etc. Otherwise it's more wavy like in pic 1. When it gets longer it gets much heavier etc so doesn't curl up as much. (For me anyway!)
Does yours get really curly at the back? What I've started doing is adding leave in conditioner and then styling it all backwards with fingertips. Maybe because it's still short the back is still lots of curls but once it gets longer will be less. Not sure how short you've had your hair before though.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
I can add pics of my hair but then I will delete them.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Hi do any of you experience hair loss or any particular products/ingredients to watch out for to avoid damaging hair and hair loss? I think maybe the front of my hair / forehead the hair is being lost, but not sure. Thanks.
Truflais
Report 1 week ago
Does yours get really curly at the back? What I've started doing is adding leave in conditioner and then styling it all backwards with fingertips. Maybe because it's still short the back is still lots of curls but once it gets longer will be less. Not sure how short you've had your hair before
I have quite a low hairline at the back of my neck with loads of baby hairs and they can get very curly and knotted! I've had my hair shoulder length but I was 15 and obsessed with straightening it so it was rarely natural and just damaged af.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
I have quite a low hairline at the back of my neck with loads of baby hairs and they can get very curly and knotted! I've had my hair shoulder length but I was 15 and obsessed with straightening it so it was rarely natural and just damaged af.
Hi do any of you experience hair loss or any particular products/ingredients to watch out for to avoid damaging hair and hair loss? I think maybe the front of my hair / forehead the hair is being lost, but not sure. Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (398)
52.16%
No (365)
47.84%

Watched Threads